 Local / Canada / 1359
Re: "Canadians. With guns. And a warship. What is this world coming to?"
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.off-topic.fun
Date:
Sat, 9 Feb 2002 20:02:59 GMT

In lugnet.loc.ca, Matthew Gerber writes:
It was Austrailia last time...but this one is just as funny!

http://www.satirewire.com/news/feb02/warship.shtml

Matt

Not only that, but inaccurate.  We do have 4 FFG's serving with OP Apollo
(Vancouver is not in the gulf...she is with the John C Stennis CVBG).  However,
there is also a DDG and a AOR from Canada in the gulf right now as well (6
ships total).  HMCS Ottawa will soon be leaving here for the gulf, followed by
HMCS Algonquin, and HMCS Protectur and at least another west coast FFG.

James P (who soon will be in the gulf on a CDN warship-I eat the salt,
therefore, I go)