 Local / Canada / 1347
1346  |  1348
Subject:
Lego Ocean Exhibit in Calgary, Alberta
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.general
Date:
Thu, 31 Jan 2002 08:05:06 GMT

Here is a link to the pictures I took of the Lego Ocean Exhibit here in
Calgary at the Science Center:

I went with Trevor Van Aalst, another member of the small LUG here in
Calgary.  It was a very interesting display with lots of neat things to look
at.  I do wish I had taken more pictures.  And I know some of my pictures
are blurry and/or dark.  I plan on weeding out the bad pictures when I have
more time to look through them.  And some of them are multiple shots of the
same thing, I was trying to figure out the best way to shoot some things,
with or without the flash.  There were two Lego Model Builders present at
the exhibit, they were overseeing and large octopus being constructed out of
DUPLO bricks.  Trevor and I asked the Lego employees several questions, but
not much of interest, except for one thing.  They asked if we were familiar
with LUGNET, which the answer was yes, obviously.  I asked if, since they
were also familiar with LUGNET, if Lego would ever send a representative to
a train show done by a LUG, which they basically responded with "We can't
say anything, just keep watching the Lego website" or something to that
effect.  Sounds like Lego has something up there sleeve.  Maybe an
announcement of some sorts at Brickswest?

~Adam