 Local / Canada / 1214
1213  |  1215
Subject:
[rtlToronto] Changes on the rtl9 rules page
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Fri, 21 Sep 2001 03:02:41 GMT

Hi folks,

I've made a few changes on the rtlToronto9: Show Me the Monkey! rules page:

http://peach.mie.utoronto.ca/events/lego/lego-101301-rules.html

The are very minimal, but clarify a few points including the spirit of the
game, what one or two rungs means, and the top of the 2x4 edge limitation.

One fellow emailed me and asked if they could build a robot that swung over
the top of the 2x4 edge.  Chris and I both concluded this is valid, as the
arms of a robot might need to stretch up over this imaginary line to latch
onto a rung.

The reason why the top of the 2x4 rule exists, is to discourage a tank like
robot that simply drives across the top of the rungs.  Hence the reiteration
of the spirit o the game.

One question I did have, was whether or not you have to touch every rung
going across.  Certainly a robot that was dextrous enough to skip rungs,
swinging along, should be allowed/encouraged?

Calum