 Local / Canada / 1118
FOTW: Patience Does Pay
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.ca
Date:
Sat, 4 Aug 2001 16:14:27 GMT

Jackpot!

Just took my two boys to TRU here in Kitchener Ontario this morning to look
around.  They had a bargain table set up just inside the window.  What did I
see through the window on the table?  7191 X Wing!  Well, the kids could not
keep up with me as I zoomed into the store and over to the table.  It was
all taped up and had a pink sticker saying bag was open -- missing pieces.
But the price was right ... $12.

Well I just counted the bags here at home...all 20 of them are there with
one being open with loose pieces throughout the box ...quite a few
considering the size of the bag so I'm hoping most of the pieces are there.

I bet this was the same 7191 that I brought to the cash around April to see
if they would give a discount for the shape the set was in.  They just
looked at me like "give us a break...pay up" and I took it back to the LEGO
aisle dejected.

I guess cheap old buggers like me do win in the long run ;)

By the way, I was the only one who got something at TRU this morning.  My
one son got three packs of Bionicle masks at Walmart...lowest price and I
gave my 5 year old one of the dinosaurs purchased at Zellers last week
during the BOGO 50% sale.

If holidays don't end soon, I'll have spent far too much on LEGO ;)

Bob