 Local / Canada / *2642 (-100)
  Re: St Jacob's

These sets are all available at the Bricks and Blocks outlet in Cookstown as well. The price of the sopwith camel is $63, but they have a bunch with slightly crushed boxes for $50 (unfortunately I'd just bought one earlier in the week at the (...) (22 years ago, 24-Aug-02, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Good Jack Stone sale at TRU

(...) I picked it up last weekend. I wanted to experiment with the columns. They are compatable with rolling garage doors except for a non-technic pin on top of each column that will need to be removed. No matter how you slice it, it is still an (...) (22 years ago, 23-Aug-02, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Good Jack Stone sale at TRU

Can anybody convince me to buy any of the Jack Stone stuff? They have tons of the Police Headquarters at $35.00 Cdn which is a hugh discount on the original price. There is only one day of the sale left. Are there any decent parts in the Police HQ (...) (22 years ago, 22-Aug-02, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  RE: St Jacob's

Hi, I was just there this morning. However, I did not buy anything. Nothing seemed to catch my eye from a bargain point of view. They did have some sets that you can't get at most stores like Darth Maul, Statue of Liberty, Sopwith Camel. They had (...) (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Has anyone seen Spybotics in stores yet? (Canada)

"Robert Horvath" <rjsahorvath@rogers.com> wrote in message news:003401c24892$ae...ome.net... (...) Ya, thanks! I just picked up two of them. The Green and the Blue. My wife is egging me to go get the other two. It's a fantastic price. They are (...) (22 years ago, 21-Aug-02, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.bc, lugnet.loc.ca.bc.van)

  RE: Has anyone seen Spybotics in stores yet? (Canada)

This 69.99 is a week long TRU sale...they had a lot of the blue and green ones on Sunday. They are not with the standard LEGO sets. They have them tucked away with Mindstorms in the electronics department. Bob -----Original Message----- From: (...) (22 years ago, 20-Aug-02, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.bc, lugnet.loc.ca.bc.van)

  Re: Has anyone seen Spybotics in stores yet? (Canada)

"Robert Horvath" <rjsahorvath@rogers.com> wrote in message news:000601c247e9$99...ome.net... (...) Are they on sale? Or is that the normal price? They are $60USD so $69.99CDN is a steal! Thanks! Dean (22 years ago, 20-Aug-02, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.bc, lugnet.loc.ca.bc.van)

  Re: St Jacob's

(...) A while back they had rotation sensors on sale for something like $20. I bought two and had them mail them to me. It might be worth a phone call to see if they have any other sales going on. Matthias Jetleb (22 years ago, 20-Aug-02, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  St Jacob's

I have a friend going to St Jacob's who has offered to pick up a couple of things for me, is there anything interesting there? Jude (22 years ago, 20-Aug-02, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  RE: Has anyone seen Spybotics in stores yet? (Canada)

Hi, They are on sale here in Kitchener, Ontario at TRU at $69.99 vs. $89.99 regular. Bob -----Original Message----- From: news-gateway@lugnet.com [mailto:news-gateway...net.com]On Behalf Of Dean Husby Sent: Monday, August 19, 2002 9:06 PM To: (...) (22 years ago, 20-Aug-02, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.bc, lugnet.loc.ca.bc.van)

  Has anyone seen Spybotics in stores yet? (Canada)

Has anyone seen Spybotics in the stores yet here in Canada? (I'm from Vancouver) I'm itching to pick one up. Thanks Dean (22 years ago, 20-Aug-02, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.bc, lugnet.loc.ca.bc.van)

  Re: Little late in celebrating Canada Day, but oh well

That's very funny eh! Dean "David Koudys" <dkoudys@redeemer.on.ca> wrote in message news:GzAsto.AxH@lugnet.com... (...) of (...) away, (...) time (...) and (...) (22 years ago, 20-Aug-02, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Good Jack Stone sale at TRU

TRU has 50% off all Jack Stone sets from August 17 to August 23. But they had previously reduced many of them to about a third less than MSRP, so the sale will actually give you about 67% off. I got a <set:4608 Bank Breakout> for $10, and a (...) (22 years ago, 17-Aug-02, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Canada customs, & robots

(...) I guess I'd better leave my minifig robot guards at home! :-) -- Doug (who's trying to finnish up a bot for rtlToronto 11 and wishing for another weekend's worth of time...) (22 years ago, 12-Aug-02, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Canada customs, & robots

(...) More seriously, Trevor P (of Astro Lift Co. fame, he's posting his moonbase stuff over in .space as we speak) had to deal with coming across the border for our January Novi show... (he lives in Windsor), and getting back in to Canada at the (...) (22 years ago, 12-Aug-02, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Canada customs, & robots

(...) Make sure the mini-figures don't carry any light sabers or gun like stuffs, even if it make them feel insecure. Seriously.... (URL) (22 years ago, 12-Aug-02, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Canada customs, & robots

Thanks for posting this Chris. (...) Got that. (...) Thanks Ralph, Well, that's the question... Chris said 'bring what you can pack'. :-) If I bring the whole robot collection (~20 or so), it currently resides in 6 of the Rubbermaid 11 gallon (...) (22 years ago, 11-Aug-02, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  RE: Canada customs, & robots

(...) A print up of the event will help. Canada customs is cake compared to some of the a**holes at the Port Huron crossing point. Kids help too. Make sure they are actually playing with LEGO when you cross. Tell them you are coming to Toronto to (...) (22 years ago, 11-Aug-02, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Canada customs, & robots

i posted this into loc.ca as well. as you might know we have guests arriving from far and wide. (to the Aug 17. RTLToronto robot event as seen here:) (URL) had asked Doug Carlson to bring up some of his neat creations and he had asked what the (...) (22 years ago, 11-Aug-02, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Discounts at Play Value

I was just in play value today, and they have Vision Command for $50 (normally $150), and they had at least 50 left. They also have Exploration Mars for $50 (normally $70), as well as Extreme Creature and RoboSports at similar discounts. There were (...) (22 years ago, 3-Aug-02, to lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: Lego Ocean Adventure at Manitoba Children's Museum

Hi Michael, Thanks for these beautiful pictures. Looks like not only the children have fun over there Hey! ;~))) A great vacation destination, unfortunately a little far from Nova Scotia... or I can ask a Maritimer museum to get it over here... (...) (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.events)

  (canceled)

  Re: International "Small Parcel" rate

I received the following from Canada Post today: "Thank you for your message to Canada Post. Please excuse the delay in responding to your message. I have verified your parcel in our system and it does qualify as a Small Packet. I will forward your (...) (22 years ago, 2-Aug-02, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: International "Small Parcel" rate

Jeff Jardine wrote in message ... The local employees are wrong. If it's under 2kg you can send it to Europe at the small packet rate and the MDW does not apply. Funnily enough this is one problem I've never come across in Vancouver, although I've (...) (22 years ago, 30-Jul-02, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.market.shipping)

  Minor clearance note

Sears has reduced the price of <set:1356 Stunt Man Catapult> from $4.99 to $1.99. (22 years ago, 28-Jul-02, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: International "Small Parcel" rate

(...) snip... (...) It may be worth the effort to take along the Postal Prices brochure and/or make a print-out of the results of the online rate calculator. I have had good look when I take the printout of the online rate calculator (I am in the (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jul-02, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: International "Small Parcel" rate

Hello Jeff, I sold quite a few "small packet" worldwide. I had the same experience with some PO but the rule is to follow the booklet rules! That's it! There is 4 employees in my local PO and I know that with 2 of'em, I can go back home with my (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jul-02, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: International "Small Parcel" rate

(...) Not in a while, but that's because I'm Postal Aggressive. Which is to say, if I don't recognize the clerk, I'll tell them what I'm shipping, how and how much $$ before they even weigh it, typically. The poor Shopper's Drug Mart clerk often is (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jul-02, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.market.shipping)

  International "Small Parcel" rate

Hi Canucks, I had a heated discussion with some Canada Post employees today about their definition of a "Small Parcel." Here are their specifications: (URL) same info is in their "Postal Prices" brochure. I tried sending a 37cm x 26cm x 26cm, 1.22kg (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jul-02, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.market.shipping)

  Re: Try again...

(...) Yes, an octogon 10 studs on a side, that's right. The tricky part is that if you try to do it smaller or bigger, it just won't work when you'll try assembling the roof stories on the octogon base. Believe me, I tried lots of sizes! But I (...) (22 years ago, 24-Jul-02, to lugnet.loc.ca.qc)

  Re: Try again...

Interesting. Is the base an octagon 10 studs on a side, so that four of the sides can be locked down on the baseplate? Or do you have another way of holding it in place? I like the way you step it back at the top, kind of like the Hancock building (...) (22 years ago, 23-Jul-02, to lugnet.loc.ca.qc)

  Re: Try again...

(...) Hi Terry, Its great that you could express your loss this way. I think your previous post was just not timed right as Brickfest was July 19-21. People are also not really responding to MOC posts as much as they used to. Its not an insult, it (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jul-02, to lugnet.loc.ca.qc)

  Re: Try again...

I had initially tried to see the moc but it hadn't been ok'ed yet. It is now available for public viewing. P. S. I don't subscribe to loc.ca.qc so I won't see any comments after this post. -- Thanx~ Nicole (URL) Prosper" <t@rotule.qc.ca> wrote in (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jul-02, to lugnet.loc.ca.qc)

  Re: Try again...

(...) On BrickLink. I had to ask all the sellers if they had more since I had, at one point, bought all the stocks available. Same thing for the black log bricks. (...) Actually, no, it isn't. In fact, now that I think of it, I should probably (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jul-02, to lugnet.loc.ca.qc, lugnet.build)

  Re: Try again...

Hi Terry, welcome to LUGNET! I like you're building, it has a very clean look. As well, I like how you've used those TIE fighter canopies as windows. I'm also sorry to hear about your friend's death. Your MOC is a fitting and touching tribute to (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jul-02, to lugnet.loc.ca.qc, lugnet.build)

  Re: Try again...

(...) I'm sorry to hear about your friend. I think when you posted it earlier the folder had not yet been approved by the Brickshelf moderator. Thanks for bringing it to our attention again now that it is visible. Where did you get all those Star (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jul-02, to lugnet.loc.ca.qc, lugnet.build)

  Re: Try again...

(...) You did it right, just Brickshelf is a little slow. I actually saw your other post, clicked on the Brickshelf link and got greeted with a "this page is not yet public" message. But now it's working fine so on to my comments... I really like (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jul-02, to lugnet.loc.ca.qc)

  Re: NWBrickCon

(...) Awesome! Looking forward to seeing you guys, and keep an ear out for ya! Mark (22 years ago, 19-Jul-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.events, lugnet.org)

  Re: NWBrickCon

(...) [...] Cool! I'll be there with bells and other noisemaking devices attached. And I'll see if I can drag some other BayLUG/BayLTC folks along too. --Bill. (22 years ago, 19-Jul-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.events, lugnet.org)

  Re: NWBrickCon

heh. I think you'd better talk to Dan Parker about that. Seems a Few years back PNLTC created the largest Lego train layout. Guiness was there. It was a record but even now a few years later Guiness has yet to publish it. I think we'll skip it. Mark (22 years ago, 19-Jul-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.events, lugnet.org)

  Re: NWBrickCon

(...) Quite possibly? Mabie you should check with the Guiness World Records people and see if it really is the largest ever recorded (mabie you can get it into the Guiness book...) (22 years ago, 19-Jul-02, to lugnet.build, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.events, lugnet.org)

  Re: Paypal exchange rate

(...) grumble... I guess you're right. It just makes me crusty, the way they grab an extra nickel or dime at every turn. It sure would be nice to skim 3% off the conversion rate when I buy from shop.lego.com. 2.9% + 30¢ to receive, plus 1% for (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jul-02, to lugnet.market.services, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Innovation Alberta (CKUA Radio)

Innovation Alberta, a weekly program on CKUA radio had a spot on the National Institute for Nanontechnology on this weeks program (#58). Aside from being neat in and of itself, Dr. Dan Wayner (the institute's director) compared nanotechnology to (...) (22 years ago, 17-Jul-02, to lugnet.mediawatch, lugnet.loc.ca.ab)

  Re: Paypal exchange rate

(...) Can you tell in advance what rate they are going to use? If so you could wait for the "better" days... (22 years ago, 16-Jul-02, to lugnet.market.services, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Paypal exchange rate

Jeff Jardine wrote in message ... (...) When they first started letting Canadians withdraw to a bank account, the exchange rate was very bad. Example: on June 19th I withdrew from Paypal to my bank acct and got 1.4798. Oanda.com shows 1.5356 for (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jul-02, to lugnet.market.services, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Paypal exchange rate

(...) Yes but it may be a bigger or smaller rip than the competition... can you easily determine what the C2it or WU rates are for the same date as the 1.4941 rate you quote? Or conversly can you determine the 23 October oanda rate to see if it's 3% (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jul-02, to lugnet.market.services, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Paypal exchange rate

Yesterday, I considered making a withdrawl from my paypal account for the first time. The exchange rate from $US to $CDN is disappointing. They brag about how great their rates were in October 2001: "PayPal's Improved Canadian Exchange Rate PayPal (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jul-02, to lugnet.market.services, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Shifty, Coko found in Canada

(...) Sorry for the delay - I hadn't even opened the bag until last night. The quality is not equal to that of Lego, but it's not bad. The weapons fit almost as well as genuine parts into the hands of both the Shifty fig and a Lego minifig, and the (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jul-02, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Little late in celebrating Canada Day, but oh well

Found thins whilst cleaning up my e-mail... So, What Do Canadians Have to Be Proud Of? l. Smarties 2. Crispy Crunch & Coffee Crisp 3. The size of our Football Fields and one less Down 4. Baseball is Canadian. 5. Lacrosse is Canadian. 6. Hockey is (...) (22 years ago, 15-Jul-02, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.off-topic.fun)

  Re: Shifty, Coko found in Canada

(...) Thank you so much. Just one more question... What was the quality of the chrome cutlass(sword) and pistol? (did it flake off after it was coupled into a minifig hand?) Also, the minifig appeared to be an excellent reproduction. (with exception (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jul-02, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Shifty, Coko found in Canada

(...) I bought them at a "Great Canadian Dollar Store." The location is in Florenceville, NB on route 105. Something tells me you won't be visiting this particular store... The selection wasn't great - there were a couple of different $1 Shifty (...) (22 years ago, 12-Jul-02, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Shifty, Coko found in Canada

(...) Hi Jeff, This topic is of particular interest to me! (URL) you perhaps tell me which Dollar Store chain the sets were from? And from what location did you procure these items? Much thanks for any info, --==Richard==-- (22 years ago, 11-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Calling all Canadians for NWBrickCon

(...) I just checked out the site, oh....my..... If I wern't married I think I'd love you. But, in a way you are blowing up Lego. You guys definently got to come, just don't tell the border guards you're coming to let off explosives. Mark (22 years ago, 11-Jul-02, to lugnet.loc.ca.bc)

  Shifty, Coko found in Canada

I found Shifty and Coko sets at a dollar store here in Canada: (URL) wonder if TLC would be interested in knowing this, since the sets are such blatant rip-offs. I have read that there isn't much TLC can do about copyright violations occurring in (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.off-topic.clone-brands, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.dear-lego)

  Re: Calling all Canadians for NWBrickCon

(...) No, rocket powered lego. Some planned this weekend =) (URL) Joseph (22 years ago, 10-Jul-02, to lugnet.loc.ca.bc)

  Re: Calling all Canadians for NWBrickCon

(...) Awesome, it'd be great to see you. er, blow things up??? Brickwars? Mark (22 years ago, 7-Jul-02, to lugnet.loc.ca.bc)

  Re: Calling all Canadians for NWBrickCon

(...) Don't matter to me, all are welcome. (...) This year, Big. We got a good sized, very public place for this show. This one probably won't be too big as we are throwing it together in time for Oct. But, should this be sucessful, look for us to (...) (22 years ago, 7-Jul-02, to lugnet.loc.ca.bc)

  Re: Calling all Canadians for NWBrickCon

(...) * waves from the island. October is about how long I'd need for prep to get off the floaty so mabye yes from here =). I can't speak for the rest of VicLug but I'll pass it along ( almost time for them to blow up some more stuff... ). The good (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jul-02, to lugnet.loc.ca.bc)

  Re: Calling all Canadians for NWBrickCon

(...) (I realize this is posted in a neighbor province, but...) James here, from NALUG ((URL) ), speaking ex cathedra from my belly button. None of us Northern Alberta types(1) are likely to be able to make it; we have our Major train display of the (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jul-02, to lugnet.loc.ca.bc)

  Re: Happy Canada Day

(...) Happy Canada day too! (Cool models!) Calum (22 years ago, 2-Jul-02, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.cad)

  Parlugment Meeting Report – June 29, 2002

Attendees: Tim, Jude, Kevin, Ka-On, Jason Our latest meeting was held this past Saturday and included a brand new member (namely, me). By virtue of this distinction, I was blessed with honour of writing up the meeting report, which follows as best I (...) (22 years ago, 2-Jul-02, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott)

  Re: Happy Canada Day

(...) And what would Canada Day be without the Snowbirds: (URL) Canada Day! Kevin (22 years ago, 1-Jul-02, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.cad)

  Happy Canada Day

Happy Birthday to the Dominion of Canada, 135 years young. Jude (22 years ago, 1-Jul-02, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: 70% sur jouets "fin de ligne"

(...) Salut, Je viens de voir ça aussi. Si c'est annoncé dans la circulaire, c'est que c'est pan-canadien en général. Il y a eu la même annonce l'an passé et les LEGO n'étaient pas inclus, en tous cas avec mon expérience! :-( Mais il y a 2 ans, (...) (22 years ago, 29-Jun-02, to lugnet.loc.ca.qc)

  Re: Harry Potter discounts

(...) I'll second that! Thanks for all the updates. I will try and take a "detour" into Cookstown on my way up to Orillia in two weeks. Regards, Peter (22 years ago, 29-Jun-02, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott)

  Calling all Canadians for NWBrickCon

Hey, here in Seattle we of SEALUG, PNLTC, and SMART are starting a Local Con. We're calling it NWBrickCon. What I want to know is if any of our northern neighbors want in to participate or just to show up. We're figuring October 4-6, Seattle Center (...) (22 years ago, 28-Jun-02, to lugnet.loc.ca.bc)

  70% sur jouets "fin de ligne"

Une vente chez Zellers annonce 70% sur les fin de séries. Ça suppose qu'il y aura quelques boîtes LEGO pas cher du tout! C'est annoncé à Québec, est-ce comme ça aussi dans le reste du Québec? (22 years ago, 28-Jun-02, to lugnet.loc.ca.qc)

  Next Meeting

Just a note to let everyone know that our next meeting is this Saturday. We will meet for dinner, sounds like it will be Red Lobster on Merivale as usual, and then head to my place for some more visiting. Feel free to bring any MOC's, finds, etc. I (...) (22 years ago, 27-Jun-02, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott)

  Some minor Costco deals

I was in Costco on Merivale yesterday and they had... 3-packs of Bionicle Bohrok for $22 Spider-Man and Green Goblin combo pack for $40 J (22 years ago, 27-Jun-02, to lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott)

  Re: Harry Potter discounts

(...) Hey Kevin, I just wanted to thank you for those bits of info you and others (Andrew Keeping, Bradley Dale, etc) post into this group. I know they rarely get followup replies, but I do find them very useful! Sometimes they're not applicable (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jun-02, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott)

  Re: Harry Potter discounts

(...) That's basicly the price at Walmart. They still have a score of those available. (...) I only saw the Forbidden Corridor $35 ($10 off full retail) and the Sorting Hat for $8 (full retail) at the one local Winners near my house. They HAD (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jun-02, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott)

  Harry Potter discounts

Mrs Tiggy Winkles has Harry Potter on for 30% - or at least they did on Saturday. Not sure for how long. They had most of the sets including the castle at ~$140 I think. So with the discount the castle is around $100+tax. Also some Harry Potter is (...) (22 years ago, 26-Jun-02, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott)

  Re: Any BOGOHP coming up? (soooon i hope!)

(...) Thank you for askin' that question! ~Shouldn't the summer months behold a few sales? -R P.S. you did an absolutety wicked job on the .local .canada newsgroup! (URL) & Thanks to Jeff VW and Calum for the update on the Lego Outlet findings. (URL) (22 years ago, 25-Jun-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca)

  LEGO at Buck Or Two- a bunch of little Shell sets!

I was surprised to find some real LEGO sets at a Buck Or Two dollar store (Lindsay, Ontario) today. There were six different sets, only $2.00 each: <set:2537 River Raft> <set:2538 Crossbow Flamer> <set:2540 Fright Knights' Catapult> <set:2541 (...) (22 years ago, 22-Jun-02, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Galidor Action Figures

Galidor Action Figures Euripides and Jens See them at: (URL) Stranger to Danger Dark Knight (22 years ago, 21-Jun-02, to lugnet.year.2002, lugnet.loc.ca.bc.van)

  new jackstone!

Saw some of the new jack stone sets today. I know, I know, everyone is thinking, yich, jack stone. However the HTO sets seem to be not bad for parts packs of pieces in new colors. Just ignore the jack stone fig... The new sets I saw were: 4612 Super (...) (22 years ago, 16-Jun-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Deal on RCX from Lego.com

(...) The inventory of that set on Peeron says it's a 1.0, as well as someone's comments on Lugnet inventory. ...not that a castlehead like me would be buying an(other) RCX, no, never. James ;) (cross-posting this to lugnet.loc.ca, just in case (...) (22 years ago, 13-Jun-02, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Links page for loc.ca

(...) Thanks! I was trying to think of something somewhat Canadian, so, that logo came to mind. It seems to be on everything Canadian-on the Canadarm, government buildings, on the side of VIA trains, sacks of wheat on humanitarian relief missions, (...) (22 years ago, 11-Jun-02, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Links page for loc.ca

(...) Calum, You have been a busy little beaver. That sidebar looks great - especially the Canada logo that we have all come to love and hate. Peter (22 years ago, 10-Jun-02, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Links page for loc.ca

(...) How about a link to Canadian LUGNET Members: (URL) (22 years ago, 10-Jun-02, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Links page for loc.ca

Hi folks, I've recently been given the curatorship for loc.ca-What would people like to have on the Links page for loc.ca? I was thinking of, Links to Canadian LUGs Links to Canadian stores that are particularily good for Lego deals (Spectrum, (...) (22 years ago, 10-Jun-02, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  June 1st Ottawa Shopping Report

Hi all, I hit quite a few stores in the Ottawa area this weekend, and found a few new things: - Island Extreme sets are at Toys'R'Us - Studios Monster sets are at Miss Tiggy Winkles - Rebel Blockade runner is at Toys'R'us - price $299 Canadian - (...) (22 years ago, 3-Jun-02, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott)

  Re: Lego shopping in Vancouver?

Glen Gower wrote in message ... (...) to (...) Best prices - Canadian Superstore, Wal-Mart (but being summer, probably rotten selection) Best selection - Bay Downtown, TRU branches Older sets (at high prices) - The Games People in Gastown and at (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jun-02, to lugnet.loc.ca.bc.van)

  Re: Lego shopping in Vancouver?

(...) It depends, where are you comming from? We may or may not have a bigger selection than at home. If you are familiar with Candian stores, The Bay and Zellers sometimes have lego for 20% off. Lego hunting in Vancouver proper is somewhat lacking, (...) (22 years ago, 1-Jun-02, to lugnet.loc.ca.bc.van)

  Lego shopping in Vancouver?

My wife and I will be in Vancouver next week on holiday. Any recommendations for buying Lego? What stores have the best selection? What stores have the best prices? Anywhere we should go "out of our way" to see? Thanks in advance for the tips, -GG. (22 years ago, 31-May-02, to lugnet.loc.ca.bc.van)

  Re: Starwars sets on sale at Zehrs

(...) The Zehrs store where I found the Starwars Lego sets on sale is in Listowel. I pretty much cleaned them out of what they had. I only left 4 or 5 sets since I didn't have enough cash on hand and had to make that difficult decision of "Do I buy (...) (22 years ago, 27-May-02, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Starwars sets on sale at Zehrs

(...) Where is the Zehrs store located? I live in Waterloo and would love to get some of those sets at that price. Thanks! Kevin (22 years ago, 25-May-02, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  3439 at Winners

Checked Winners today, and they had some new stuff: 3439 Spy Runner for $9.99 and the soccer ball bus for $16.99 is in again. The spy runner is sweet - MISB airplanes are always good :) and the bus has white train windows. Some Winners may still (...) (22 years ago, 24-May-02, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Re: Starwars sets on sale at Zehrs

(...) Zehrs is a chain of grocery stores. They're part of the Loblaw group which includes No Frills, Loblaws, Valu-Mart, Independent plus a bunch of other stores. The store where I found the sets is in Southern Ontario, not far from the (...) (22 years ago, 23-May-02, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Starwars sets on sale at Zehrs

(...) We don't. :-( Southwestern Ontario Jude (22 years ago, 23-May-02, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Starwars sets on sale at Zehrs

What is Zehrs? I don't think we have one here in Ottawa... Where are you located? Kevin (...) (22 years ago, 23-May-02, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  New Monsters sets and Lego Island sets found

I found the new studio sets as well as the new Lego Island sets today in Calgary in a store called the Discovery Hut. ~Adam~ (22 years ago, 23-May-02, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Starwars sets on sale at Zehrs

Howdy, I found the following Star Wars sets on sale for $5.38 (down from $8.97) at Zehrs this afternoon. 7200 Final Dual I 7201 Final Dual II 7203 Jedi Defence I 7204 Jedi Defence II Needless to say, my squads of storm troopers and battle droids (...) (22 years ago, 21-May-02, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  I found some LEGO Island Sets!

I saw three LEGO Island sets in Toys R Us in Newmarket, Ontario. They were 6735 Air Chase, 6737 Wake Rider, and 6738 Skateboard Challenge. I bought the Wake Rider. Does this make me the first person to report owning a LEGO Island set? Feel free to (...) (22 years ago, 18-May-02, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.ca.on)

  Soccer Cham.3409 for $24 at Walmart

To whoever wants to get a set of 3409, it is on sale at Walmart for $24. There was 20 yesterday afternoon in Calgary Northland Mall. (22 years ago, 16-May-02, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Lego finds at Outlet store

Hi all, I stopped by the Bricks and Blocks Outlet (formerly Countryside Toy Outlet) in St Jacobs this evening and it looks like they've just gotten a new bunch of Lego sets. Going from memory, here is what they have. 2147 Dragon Fly (airline promo) (...) (22 years ago, 11-May-02, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: help in vacation planning

First of all, I want to thank all the people who sent me - either here or by private emails - suggestions and information. Your help has been really valuable. Since I posted my first message one month ago, our program has changed a bit, mostly for (...) (22 years ago, 10-May-02, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Zellers BOGOHO

(...) (Evil (...) Sounds like N.B. is doing better than P.E.I. I went looking for new sets (also because of the BOGO) and all they had was Jango's Slave 1 and the Tusken Raider set. I'm going to recheck later today. I'm going to Moncton tomorrow (...) (22 years ago, 3-May-02, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Zellers BOGOHO

Well I just checked Zellers (in Ottawa) again today, and spiderman is there! I picked up the green goblin set, but didn't get the bigger spiderman bank set yet. With the bogo still on... it is not a bad deal. Still no sign of the Jedi Duel with (...) (22 years ago, 2-May-02, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Canucks?

(...) I'm not from either, but it sounds good that I won't be the only Canucklehead there 8^) Jason Krish NALUG (22 years ago, 1-May-02, to lugnet.events.brickfest, lugnet.loc.ca)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact