 Local / Canada / *2242 (-100)
  Re: A Happy Birthday Story

Ah, Costco, yes I've heard of them, I also have a membership for them. I didn't know they were called Price Club, they are still Costco in Alberta. Adam (...) (23 years ago, 19-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: A Happy Birthday Story

(...) If you don't go at the rush times, it's not a huge lineup. And they have cheap computer games. :) James (23 years ago, 19-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: A Happy Birthday Story

(...) They most likely changed the name here as well. I wouldn't know because I won't go there. Can't understand why people would pay memberships to stand in huge lineups to buy a 5 pound tub of margarine. John Battcock (23 years ago, 19-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: A Happy Birthday Story

If you are serious, it is also called Costco. They changed names here in Ottawa years ago. Jude (...) (23 years ago, 19-Oct-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: A Happy Birthday Story

What the heck is a Price Club? ~Adam (...) (23 years ago, 19-Oct-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: A Happy Birthday Story

Cool, Happy Brithday! Saving money -- gooooood! -Shiri (23 years ago, 19-Oct-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.ca)

  A Happy Birthday Story

Hello All, I thought I would pass along this nice story about my non-lego wife's birthday present to me. A couple night's before my birthday my wife asked me what I would like and I jokingly responded that I wouldn't be disappointed if she got me (...) (23 years ago, 19-Oct-01, to lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: ?Best Lego Retailer?

Sadly, I wnt to "the Zellers Time Forgot" today, and it looks like time caught up with it. Their Lego section was only half an aisle, as opposed to the whole aisle that had to have all the sets stacked sideways to have room for them all. I hate to (...) (23 years ago, 19-Oct-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on.tor)

  Re: Sale at Toybox on W broadway

Hi Gail!! Haven't heard from you in a long time! How are you? Drop me an email if you have the chance. (...) I was there a couple of months ago, and they just had the usual stuff. Overpriced, of course. No train stuff, or rare sets. Robin Sather (...) (23 years ago, 18-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.ca.bc.van)

  Re: 7140 (Tie/Y-Wing) at WalMart for $35

(...) Are you being literal with the "200 copies" or hyperbolic? I've seen this floating around at Walmarts in Edmonton, but the number of copies is more in the 10-40 copies range. If literal, then yeah - wow. Holy overstock, Batman. It's a nice (...) (23 years ago, 17-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.ca.on)

  Re: 7140 (Tie/Y-Wing) at WalMart for $35

(...) the (...) Whoops-- my error. Anyway, this was in London, Ontario, Canada, just in case someone is wondering. -Roy (23 years ago, 17-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.ca.on)

  Re: 7140 (Tie/Y-Wing) at WalMart for $35

Roy & All, (...) I am not usually up on the loc.ca group, but I saw 7140. The 7140 is the X-Wing, and the 7150 is the TIE Fighter / Y-Wing combo, I think. Scott S. -- (23 years ago, 17-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.ca.on)

  7140 (Tie/Y-Wing) at WalMart for $35

Wow, the local Walmart has about 200 copies of 7140 for $35. This set consists of Darth Vader's Tie and a Y-Wing, contains about 400 pieces, and originally was priced at about $70. It contains a lot of really nice pieces, including a cute little (...) (23 years ago, 17-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.ca.on)

  Duplo Tub @ Sears Outlet site

I realize that Duplo and Primo are not big topics on this thread, but I wanted to post a "heads up" that the 140 piece tubs are $9.99 on the outlet part of www.sears.ca (23 years ago, 15-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  RE: Yet another Zellers BOGO

Hi, You can also go to the hbc.com site and it will calculate the 50% off the second set automatically. This BOGO only applies to sets under $29.99 :( There were to Ogel Command Centers at my local Zellers this morning for $69.99...BOGO did not (...) (23 years ago, 13-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Yet another Zellers BOGO

FYI: Zellers is having another buy one get one 50% off. This means two Slave 1/Desert Skiff combo packs are $30- plus taxes. :-) Jude (23 years ago, 13-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Any AFOL in the Calgary, Alberta area?

I'm probably the most active AFOL in Calgary, if not the only one. Maybe next time... Adam (...) (23 years ago, 11-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.ca.ab)

  Re: Any AFOL in the Calgary, Alberta area?

(...) I am in Ottawa right now, but I was visitting in Calgary just a couple weeks ago. I was there for almost 2 weeks, but I didn't realize there were any active AFOL's there or I might have got together with you. I wish I could have got to (...) (23 years ago, 11-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.ca.ab)

  Re: [rtlToronto] Shirt fun etc

(...) Thanks, I try :) Calum (23 years ago, 10-Oct-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Any AFOL in the Calgary, Alberta area?

Trying to track down any and all AFOL in the Calgary area, cross posted a bunch of places to cover more area and hopefully find some new people. Adam (23 years ago, 10-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.ca.ab, lugnet.general, lugnet.org.ca, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: [rtlToronto] Shirt fun etc

(...) This is not an official product from the Lego Company, but in fact, an enthusiast created shirt used for fundraising for rtlToronto, a Toronto based Lego User Group. rtlToronto is not responsible for anything, including being fired by wearing (...) (23 years ago, 10-Oct-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.ca)

  [rtlToronto] Shirt fun etc

Hi folks, We're quickly coming to the end of the first batch of rtlToronto shirts and it seems to have gone pretty well! By the rtlToronto Supply Chain Management System (aka, a slip of paper in the envelope of shirt money :) I've got about seven (...) (23 years ago, 10-Oct-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.general, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Lego @ Winners

Hi, I don't know if there are any Saskatchewan lego nuts on here, but I was in Regina on the weekend and the Winners there had several 5533 Red Fury at $40. I picked up the only Simulation Station though... Back here in Ottawa I have seen both above (...) (23 years ago, 10-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Lego @ Winners

(...) Cool! I never knew you could output with the Scout as a target. I never noticed this before-it looks like a recent feature. This $39 deal is looking better and better! The more and more I look at it, the cooler I find the RDS package to be. (...) (23 years ago, 10-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Sale at Toybox on W broadway

Greetings, My ex was by Toybox (a very nice independant toy store) on W Broadway in Vancouver (a few blocks west of MacDonald) and noticed that they are having a sale, he thinks it is 25% off everything, Tuesday 9th til Saturday 13th. They used to (...) (23 years ago, 9-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.ca.bc.van)

  Re: Lego @ Winners

(...) You CAN program the Scout with NQC... Just like an RCX... Makes a GREAT slave to the RCX as it understands MSG codes. Dean (23 years ago, 8-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  [rtlToronto] Less Than a Week to rtlToronto9: Show Me the Monkey!

rtlToronto9: Show Me the Monkey! The Seventh Toronto Lego Robotics Event Saturday, October 13th, 2001 Lillian H Smith Branch, Toronto Public Library 239 College Street (West of St George) Competitors 10AM, Audience 1PM rtlToronto9 will be the (...) (23 years ago, 8-Oct-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.announce, lugnet.events, lugnet.loc.ca.on)

  Re: Lego @ Winners

(...) Thanks as well Eric, Chris, Mario and I got 9735 RDSes. The manager marked them as $39.99, so I suppose we got a good deal on them-Elsewhere in Toronot they're all $89.99. There are 5533's all over Toronto too, so if you're in area you could (...) (23 years ago, 8-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Lego @ Winners

(...) Thanks for the heads up on those sets. I found a couple 9735's for $90, and a 6455 for $25 which I bought. Nothing else though. I was really hoping to find the 5533, but no such luck. I hit every Winners in Ottawa too. Oh well. C'est la vie. (...) (23 years ago, 7-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Soccer sale -- Tiggy Winkles (Bayshore)

(...) Thanks for the tip Glen. Just checked it out now. I picked up soccer sets 3403 and 3408 for %40 off. Not too bad. They were $20 and $40 before the savings. They also have 78800 for $30 before savings. TTYL. Play well. Tim Strutt 8^) (23 years ago, 7-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment)

  Retailers with train sets?

Anyone know where in southern Ontario I can get a train set from a retailer? Or if anyone has a set (mint with box and instructions or better) for a reasonable price (i.e. no rare sets), I don't really care which model although a freight set would (...) (23 years ago, 7-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.ca.on)

  Re: Any HP sets in Canada?

I found the HP Sorting Hat set (4701) at Wal-Mart in Square 1, They also had the Manas (8539 attn Chris Magno) they were selling for 88.89. "Tim Tosino" <timtosino@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:GKMy7B.E76@lugnet.com... (...) Shops (...) boxes (...) (23 years ago, 6-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: ?Best Lego Retailer?

(...) If you can make it down to York Gate mall on Jane & Finch, (the one Eric alluded to) they have a few Space Center/Space Shuttle sets I believe. Along with the entire Adventure line (first year Egyptian) And everything else from 1998. That (...) (23 years ago, 5-Oct-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on.tor)

  Re: ?Best Lego Retailer?

(...) There's another Zellers that I call "The Zellers Time Forgot" in Toronto at Keele and Rogers in something called Black Creek Center/Plaza(?). I got some nice old Technic sets there not too long ago (sets with hydrolics). If you go, please (...) (23 years ago, 5-Oct-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on.tor)

  Re: Lego @ Winners

(...) OH rats! I was there 2 weeks ago, maybe next week! I'm a longhaul truck driver ;~) Thanks, JM (23 years ago, 5-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Lego @ Winners

Niagara Falls, ON. Eric "Jean-Marc Détraz" <moratel@auracomNOSPAM.com> wrote in message news:GKnv6s.M3@lugnet.com... (...) $80, (...) still (...) (23 years ago, 4-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Lego @ Winners

(...) Hey thanx Eric, but where R U located? JM (23 years ago, 4-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Soccer sale -- Tiggy Winkles (Bayshore)

Hi everyone. I was at the Bayshore shopping centre on the weekend, and most soccer sets were at 40% off. I'm not a big soccer fan myself, so I didn't write down any of the set numbers. But they had a good variety of sets. -GG. (23 years ago, 3-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.ca.on.ott)

  Re: Any HP sets in Canada?

(...) I went into TRU Metrotown on Tuesday and bought one of the Alley Magic Shops sets, they had pretty much everything even one box of the large castle and Hogwart's Express but I couldn't find the class room set (maybe some TRU employee saw they (...) (23 years ago, 3-Oct-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Lego @ Winners

My local Winners has several copies of the Robotics Discovery Set for $80, 5533 Red Fury (Model Team dragster) for $40, and 6455 Space Simulation Station for $25. Check it out, you never know what you'll find. By the way, these sets just arrived in (...) (23 years ago, 3-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  EURO (again)

Hi all, From this day on (October 1st, 2001), it is mandatory for all shops wihtin EMU with more than seven workers to present their prices both in Euro and local currency. This obligation will extend at least until January 2002, depending on the (...) (23 years ago, 1-Oct-01, to lugnet.loc.eu, lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.be, lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.loc.dk, lugnet.loc.de, lugnet.loc.es, lugnet.loc.fr, lugnet.loc.ie, lugnet.loc.it, lugnet.loc.lu, lugnet.loc.nl, lugnet.loc.at)

  Re: Any HP sets in Canada?

(...) From Edmonton, TRU had nothing yesterday, Walmart in Sherwood Park has Hogwarts, but nothing else yet. Can't talk, building. :) James (23 years ago, 30-Sep-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.loc.ca)

  RE: Any HP sets in Canada?

Hello from Kitchener, The local TRU had pretty well all of them ...train, castle, small sets, ... must have had about 8 different sets. I bought my two boys the small set with the spinning wheel at Walmart in Kitchener...$9.86 Cdn. Walmart had the (...) (23 years ago, 29-Sep-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Shop@home coupon for Championship Challenge at Costco

At the Costco in Ancaster I just tried to pick up a Championship Challenge using the coupon that came with the shop@home catalogue but they would not honour it. Probably because the coupon states "retailer" and they like to call themselves a (...) (23 years ago, 29-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.ca.on.ham)

  Re: Star Wars combo 7104/7144

Checked 2 Zellers here in Ottawa - one had no combos and the other had at least 10. I picked up 2 myself. Kevin (...) (23 years ago, 28-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: ?Best Lego Retailer?

(...) Oh great, all of a sudden people are floundering my ‘supper-secret locations.’ ;) Just a question, what year is your sister in and what’s her major? Thanx, --==Richard who also goes to York==-- (23 years ago, 28-Sep-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on.tor)

  Re: Any HP sets in Canada?

(...) I was there yesterday (27th), and nada. They did have 2 of the new green "Supercar", the 4X4 Off-Roader (Set 8466). Fairly cool, but I'll pass. Robin (23 years ago, 28-Sep-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: ?Best Lego Retailer?

My sister goes to York, and close to her residence (Calumet) there is a ghetto mall that has a Zellers with some fairly old Town/Train/Technic sets (mid 90's). I haven't been there since the spring, but there's probably still some stuff there. It's (...) (23 years ago, 28-Sep-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on.tor)

  Re: ?Best Lego Retailer?

(...) Try the ad in the paper -- Wanted - LEGO bricks... It does work... Yes you have to haggle the price, yes you have to sort thru the bricks and throw out all the Tyco and Megabloks, but its quite nice what you *may* find... I have bricks dating (...) (23 years ago, 28-Sep-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on.tor, lugnet.general)

  Re: ?Best Lego Retailer?

(...) Well as others have said you don't want to give away all your secrets. :-) But for me, I find I buy most of my lego from Zellars. Doesn't really matter which one, I go to several. They all seem to have slightly different stock. The Bay Yonge (...) (23 years ago, 28-Sep-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on.tor, lugnet.general)

  Re: Star Wars combo 7104/7144

That same combo was labeled here in the States at Target as a 'Target Exclusive'. (...) (23 years ago, 28-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Star Wars combo 7104/7144

Spotted this combo (Slave I/Desert Skiff) at Zellers for around $20. Is this new and have other combos been released. (23 years ago, 28-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: ?Best Lego Retailer?

(...) I don’t mind! Anyways, it’s not like the entire general public of the GTA will clean out the Lego inventory before I get to it. “the lurkers will buy all the sets right from under your nose.” This happens anyways. Conversely, I've cleaned out (...) (23 years ago, 28-Sep-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on.tor)

  ?Best Lego Retailer?

*Here’s a general question… ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ Where are the 5 (five) -BEST- stores in your area that sell Lego. This survey will enable all of us to discern which locations are wroth visiting and which are not so good. My top -5- list will (...) (23 years ago, 27-Sep-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca.on.tor, lugnet.general)

  Bricks & Blocks

I am heading to Toronto in a month and I am hoping to make a trip to the outlet mall in Cookstown. Has anybody been there lately who could give me an idea of what kind of clearance items they have? I plan to buy some 9V track, but I would also be (...) (23 years ago, 27-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Any HP sets in Canada?

(...) I managed to catch Walmart in Sherwood Park while they were doing their fall toy re-org, and caught a semi-knowledgable employee... no estimate on when the HP stuff would be in, but she did know that it wouldn't be a shelf-stocked item (at (...) (23 years ago, 27-Sep-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Any HP sets in Canada?

I checked a local TRU today and was told they'd have the Harry Potter sets 'early or middle of October' and I checked a Walmart and they're Lego selection was pretty poor, as usual, and no HP. Couldn't even find an employee to ask. Oh well. Adam (...) (23 years ago, 27-Sep-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Any HP sets in Canada?

I was told last week by the big downtown Toronto Toys R Us that the Harry Potter sets have arrived in the Canadian TRU warehouses on the 15th of September, and could wind up on the shelves "within a day or within a month." I've been checking three (...) (23 years ago, 25-Sep-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Any HP sets in Canada?

(...) Any luck this week? I was thinking of looking in Metrotown, the the fact that the TRU is located on the other side of the mall from the Sky Train Station and they rerouted all the bus routes makes it somewhat of an inconvience. (23 years ago, 25-Sep-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.loc.ca)

  NALUG a hit at the Great Edmonton Train Show Sept 22-23, 2001

Our train layout this last weekend was a great success, and we again collected the 2nd place "people's choice" award. Our major goal this year was to have lots of automation, and I think we managed to acheive it. Highlights include: fully automated (...) (23 years ago, 25-Sep-01, to lugnet.org.ca.nalug, lugnet.trains.org, lugnet.loc.ca) !

  Re: Any HP sets in Canada?

No signs of any HP sets on the east coast either. I checked Wal-Mart and Zellers earlier in the week. Andrew (23 years ago, 21-Sep-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Any HP sets in Canada?

I may have to check my Wal-Mart; I would find that odd, though. Normally, they have the deal with Toys 'R Us; they even get the toys before the Lego store in Mall of America. but, my toy r us doesn't have them in yet, so maybe they worked out a (...) (23 years ago, 22-Sep-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Any HP sets in Canada?

(...) I have no idea, with the closest WalMart Canada being I think on the North Shore that's almost an hour's drive from where I live. Anyone in North Vancouver who checked it out? -Tim (23 years ago, 21-Sep-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Any HP sets in Canada?

"Tim Tosino" <timtosino@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:GJzsAo.Ipu@lugnet.com... (...) [ ... snipped ... ] (...) Does Wal-Mart have some sort of Harry Potter exclusive for a little while? LEGO has done things like this in the past, the most (...) (23 years ago, 21-Sep-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.loc.ca)

  [rtlToronto] Changes on the rtl9 rules page

Hi folks, I've made a few changes on the rtlToronto9: Show Me the Monkey! rules page: (URL) are very minimal, but clarify a few points including the spirit of the game, what one or two rungs means, and the top of the 2x4 edge limitation. One fellow (...) (23 years ago, 21-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Any HP sets in Canada?

(...) I was in TRU today and the closeest thing they had to HP was a Train Set(Non Lego) I didn't ask but I'll check back on Tuesday. (23 years ago, 21-Sep-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Sear Lego Sale 30% off on this weekend

(...) IIRC the Bay is 20% too. Calum (23 years ago, 21-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Sear Lego Sale 30% off on this weekend

(...) I -REALLY- appreciate the heads-up, i would have missed this sale had you not of posted! Thanks again, --==Richard==-- I've been waiting for a Sears sale for a while now... (23 years ago, 21-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Sear Lego Sale 30% off on this weekend

G'Day Subject says it all, not sure if it is Canada wide. (23 years ago, 21-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto)

  Re: Any HP sets in Canada?

(...) TRU in Edmonton said "probably in the next couple weeks" yesterday. James (23 years ago, 20-Sep-01, to lugnet.harrypotter, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: LEGO Studios for $44.99 at Futureshop

(...) Both of my orders were filled. Anybody else get more than 1? My brother took one and I'm considering trading mine for childcare services (our sitter has teenage boys) and buying a Metroliner. Andrew (...) (23 years ago, 12-Sep-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.ca)

  RE: Throwbots Back at Zellers, $4.97 Each!

Hi! What city are you in? We checked all the Zellers here in Kitchener-Waterloo last weekend and none of them had Throwbots. Did they just come in during the week? Bob -----Original Message----- From: news-gateway@lugnet.com (...) (23 years ago, 9-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.technic.slizer)

  Throwbots Back at Zellers, $4.97 Each!

Title says it all. I found all ten smaller sets, bought Jet and Scuba. (23 years ago, 9-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.technic.slizer)

  Re: OT - geography

(...) Hi Jennifer! This is weird - that is exactly where my mum's family is from. They moved from the "city" of Johnville to the "city" of Bath in the 60s (city - that's funny!). Anyway, The St. John river runs from the far Northwest corner of the (...) (23 years ago, 7-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.ca.nb.stj, lugnet.loc.ca.nb)

  OT - geography

Would anyone here mind answering a couple St. John and NB geography questions for me? I know it's off topic, but I'm not sure I know anyone else that I could ask :) I'm looking for a St. Johns River (perhaps St. John?) and 2 cities, Bath and (...) (23 years ago, 7-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.ca.nb.stj, lugnet.loc.ca.nb)

  Re: Costco (Price Club) Championship Challenge

Hi, Yes it is 4120 Fun and Cool Transportation. You can see whats in it here: (URL) pieces for $24 CDN is a pretty good deal I think - works out to 4 cents Canadian a piece. There are a lot of basic bricks, but there are some cool useful pieces as (...) (23 years ago, 3-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Costco (Price Club) Championship Challenge

(...) Do you have the number? Dean (23 years ago, 3-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Costco (Price Club) Championship Challenge

(...) Dean, They usually sell at Walmart for about $65 and elsewhere up to $70. Peter (23 years ago, 3-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Costco (Price Club) Championship Challenge

(...) Same here in Edmonton (at least for the south-side Costco a week and a half ago). The Creator tubs are OK, but too expensive, and they have no lid! Ugh! The six white picket fence pieces are nice, though. (23 years ago, 3-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Costco (Price Club) Championship Challenge

(...) The one in Richmond, BC has a bunch of the Creator tubs (dunno the set number) for around CDN$24. No Championship Challenge sets though. -Bryan (23 years ago, 2-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Harry Potter @ Sears

I wanted to post a quick "heads up" that the photos in both Wish Book and the web-site are reversed for four of the sets. The photos and descriptions for Hagrid's Hut & the Forbidden Corridor are switched. The same goes for Snape's Class & the Room (...) (23 years ago, 2-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  RE: Costco (Price Club) Championship Challenge

Speaking of KW/Cambridge Costco, they also have a couple of skids of Megablok Probuilder sets...I know, I know its not LEGO. Each set was $12...one was a couple of dragsters and one was a nice bulldozer...I'm contemplating buying the bulldozer. I (...) (23 years ago, 2-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Costco (Price Club) Championship Challenge

(...) Same with Grandview Highway Costco here in Vancouver, BC. Same price. What's regular price? Dean (23 years ago, 2-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Costco (Price Club) Championship Challenge

This news is a couple weeks old but Costco has Championship Challenge sets on for about $49CAD. The store in Waterloo/Cambridge (Ontario) had a whole skid full of them when we were there last. Peter (23 years ago, 2-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Canadian LEGO Fest, the birth of an idea

(...) I just had an idea. I was at a comic book convention in Chicago earlier this summer, and Upper Deck had a sponsored area where people could play the Bionicle TCG, and see their products (free cards!). There was a nine-foot Toa (the red one) at (...) (23 years ago, 2-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: LEGO Studios for $44.99 at Futureshop

Hi all, Just got mine yesterday as well. Definitely overpriced at $249... can't go wrong at $45 though! Kevin (...) (23 years ago, 1-Sep-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.ca)

  RE: LEGO Studios for $44.99 at Futureshop

Hi, We just received ours yesterday...and we built it right away ...interesting...but I'd say a bit overpriced at the going rate of $249 Cdn. Now the boys are bugging me to start making movies...jeez...a Dad's work is never done! ;) Bob (...) (23 years ago, 1-Sep-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: LEGO Studios for $44.99 at Futureshop

Just to follow up, I returned home yesterday night to find that Purolator had stopped by to try and deliver my LEGO Studio set Friday. I guess everyone should be receiving their 'discount' Future Shop sets anytime now. Enjoy. Play well. Tim Strutt (...) (23 years ago, 1-Sep-01, to lugnet.market.shopping, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Canadian LEGO Fest, the birth of an idea

I could almost certainly guarantee my attendance, since I am (relatively) very near Toronto. I'd contribute to a space/mecha MOC display or possibly a robotics competition... ... and I would probably have other ideas, but it's nearly two AM... (...) (23 years ago, 1-Sep-01, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Potter sets in new wishbook from Sears...

For those of us too impatient to wait for our Wish Books, the pictures can be found on the Sears web-site. (www.sears.ca) Go to Shop On-Line, Toys, Lego. The sets are not grouped together. The train and castle are on the last few pages. I'm still (...) (23 years ago, 31-Aug-01, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Potter sets in new wishbook from Sears...

(...) To get the 10% off anything from the catalogue you have to order by Sept 27th, and the sets aren't available until Oct 1st. I wonder if they will take early orders. For those of you without a catalogue: Hogworts Castle ~680p $139.99 Hogwarts (...) (23 years ago, 31-Aug-01, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Potter sets in new wishbook from Sears...

Mine came today, all o' the sets, horrific prices...good pics -Geordan- (23 years ago, 30-Aug-01, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: ///Looking for Mr. Tsang’s house\\\

(...) I'm sorry to hear about your father. I hope you are okay. I was just thinking about rec.toys.lego and noticed some of the changes-On Lugnet there are just so many people now! I'm hoping if and when we bring together SnowBrick next year, we can (...) (23 years ago, 30-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Winners 7130/7150 Star Wars combo

Adam Murtha wrote in message ... (...) They are in Vancouver too. Kevin ---...--- Craftsman Lego Kits & Custom models: (URL) Lego parts store: (URL) Lego auctions: (URL) Guild of Bricksmiths: (URL) Lego Web page: (URL) (23 years ago, 29-Aug-01, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: ///Looking for Mr. Tsang’s house\\\

(...) I'm still alive most days, but don't have as much time as I'd like for LEGO. My father passed away rather suddenly last summer leaving me to look after his garden. Over 450 rhododendrons and azaleas in the yard, and I don't have a green thumb. (...) (23 years ago, 29-Aug-01, to lugnet.org.ca.rtltoronto, lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Winners 7130/7150 Star Wars combo

Too bad we missed you. I've lived in Ottawa since Jan '96, and Jude has been here forever <grin>. I can't speak for the others, I don't remember how long they've been here, if I ever did know. I have a terrible memory so it's quite possible I've (...) (23 years ago, 29-Aug-01, to lugnet.loc.ca, lugnet.org.ca.parlugment, lugnet.org.ca)

  Re: Winners 7130/7150 Star Wars combo

(...) Hi Jude, I'm now in Charlottetown. I lived in Ottawa from the fall of '96 until May '99. I emerged from my Dark Ages that summer while my wife was still teaching in Vanier and I was living and working here. I sometimes wish I was back in (...) (23 years ago, 29-Aug-01, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Winners 7130/7150 Star Wars combo

I found this combo pack today in Calgary. ~Adam (...) (23 years ago, 29-Aug-01, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Winners 7130/7150 Star Wars combo

Hi, I've seen this combo pack last weekend in Quebec City and Trois-Rivieres and today someone told me they're in Montreal too. Pierre (...) (23 years ago, 28-Aug-01, to lugnet.loc.ca)

  Re: Canadian Lurkers

(...) </LURK> I live in Brantford and have been on Lego for 30+ years. I enjoy Classic Space, Town and Hobby Sets. I would definitely go to a Canadian Brickfest if it were held in or west of Toronto. Peter <LURK> (23 years ago, 28-Aug-01, to lugnet.loc.ca)

Redisplay Messages:  All | Compact