 Local / Australia / Western Australia / Perth / 102
Re: Swap Meet
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au.wa.per
Date:
Mon, 30 Aug 1999 09:35:06 GMT

Well I tried to run an auction last year, but didn't get all that much
participation, which was due to either a) it was my first auction, b) no-one
wanted the sets I had, or c) due to pricing everything in $Aus [and making it
known that I was, and what the conversion was] everyone thought the prices were
in $US and that they were too high.. Anyway, I only got 2 Aus bidders, Mark
Harrison, and someone in Adelaide going by 'feudal46@hotmail.com', who didn't
reply to my emails requesting payment.[then again, two of the bidders from the
US did the same.]

Anyway, I reckon it would be worth a shot, and I have a fair amount of stuff to
chuck in if someone wants to run an auction.

Also, anyone interested in starting a jambalaya box in Australia? I have a lot
of parts that I am not likely to use, and am after quite a few parts as well.

Benjamin Whytcross
b_whytcross@hotmail.com

village.vu.edu.au/~whytcros/legoindx.htm

In lugnet.loc.au.wa.per, Brian Wiren writes:
Sounds like there is a lot of interest .....

2 interstate and one local

I agree about the US Auctions

What about doing an Oz one ?

Regards Brian