 Local / Australia / Victoria / Melbourne / 235
234  |  236
Subject:
next MUGS Brikwars info [Jan 17]
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au.vic.mel, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Fri, 19 Dec 2003 12:19:21 GMT

G'day all,

for those wishing to participate in the BRIKWARS battle on Jan 17,
could you please let me know by email (b_whytcross@optusNOSPAMnet.com.au)
[so your opponents won't know your strats, etc.] the following info:

Race name.
Minifig commanders name.[not your own name]
distribute 15 points among the following options [no fractions]:
Science/Research
Industry/Construction
Trade

distribute 15 points among the following options [no fractions]:
Colonizing unpopulated planets
Colonizing planets with a population for non-combatant reasons
Colonizing planets with a population for combat reasons

What would your forces do if they found an inhabited planet? [choose
1]
Attempt to Nuke the planet, killing all inhabitants.
Attempt to settle the planet and enslave the inhabitants
Attempt to settle the planet and trade with the inhabitants
Attempt to settle the planet and bring the inhabitants into
your 'race'
leave the planet alone to allow the inhabitants to develop at their
own pace

A brief run-down of your available forces [ie. 25 soldiers, 3 pilots,
3 fliers, 1 tank, 1 mech, 1 engineer, 1 medic, 1 recovery vehicle]
[ignoring points costs]. For the first battle, no mods will be
allowed to troops, but in later battles, "promotion" will allow for
this...mods for skill will go up 1, 2, 1d6, 1d6+1, 1d6+2, 2d6,...and
there WILL be capping for each battle.

within a week of getting this info, I'll email you with info
regarding your allowed force [1] for the battle on Jan 17, and on or
around jan 3 I'll email all combatants about any scenery thet they
may require, along with their forces objectives for the battle. I'll
also post the commonly known info about the battle...ie. planets
name, along with some little hints about what MAY happen during the
battle, and some background info.

[1] this will include points [and other] limits, force sizes, and
possibly give you "exclusive" force types, along with your forces TL,
and any possible additions/subtractions from the items available in
that or next TL. [Just remember that there is a possibility that your
forces may be prevented from using some of your equipment, but I am
willing to listen to suggested changes to my "rulings".

I think that's it...

Benjamin Whytcross