 Local / Australia / Victoria / Melbourne / 225
224  |  226
Subject:
IMPORTANT - BRIKWARS COMBATANTS for next MUGS meeting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.au.vic.mel
Date:
Sun, 12 Oct 2003 13:44:24 GMT

Seeing as I have a rough idea of what people want, I now need an idea of what
forces/equipement people will have available for the battle on the 9th of
November so I can script a reason for the battle. Therefore could I ask anyone
who would like to participate in the fun to EMAIL me
(b_whytcross@optusnet.com.au) the following info [an excel file would probably
be best]:

(If you want to participate but don't have any forces, let me know, as I can
probably supply some. In this case, fill in force name, force commander, Race
characteristics, and I'll send you a list of forces/equipement available to you
for the battle when the mission objectives are sent out. You'll still have to
provide a commander though. ALSO, If you have a colour preference for
troops/equipement, let me know and I'll see what I can do.)

Force name:

Force commander: (NOT player name)

"Race" characteristics [will mainly be used in future battles, but may impact on
this one as well...rank the list 1-6]
Explorers
Traders
Scientists (invent new items)
engineers (build new items)
Colonisers (i.e. take over uninhabited planets)
Imperialists (i.e. take over inhabited planets)

type and max quantity of troops (i.e. 3 medics, 65 troops...)
type and max quantity of weapons (i.e. 20 impact rifles...)
type and max quantity of mechanical equipement with armament listed (i.e. 1
helicopter [2 MK 2 missiles, 1 Mk 3 blaster], ...)

[also please give a points listing for each item in the above lists]

This information will be used purely to script the battle, and potentially
future engagements. There is no problem with a force exceeding a particular
points limit, as the actual forces to be fielded will be dependant on race
types, scenario given to player, and points limit assigned.

If possible, could I have this info by Friday so I can let players know what
scenery they need and forces they wil be allowed. Actual mission objectives and
background will be given to all known players on the weekend before the
battle...I'll email all missions at the same time so no-one gets a better
opportunity to plan :)

SPECIAL NOTE: As an independant judge, I will remove myself from participating
in any battle that may be fought using any of the forces that I receive.

Benjamin Whytcross