 Local / Australia / Queensland / Brisbane / 203
Re: germaine, brikwars and transport
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au.qld.bri
Date:
Mon, 27 Aug 2001 06:07:51 GMT

Hi again all, finally regained access to a computer (grumble grumble)

In lugnet.loc.au.qld.bri, Zac Soden writes:

Well in three weekends from now I have yr12 exams start and will have to
study. Any time before then should be good (also do you reckon we could hold
it on a Saturday?)
Any time on the weekend is alright by me.

I recon we could give the Fire Bugys a run for there time hey?

I reckon :), here's a potential scenario:
The valiant Space Police are on one of their righteous quests to rid the
universe of all non-civilian or space police forces (they are currently
chasing a mob of Mick's troops). This timelong struggle ends up moving onto
a sectret FireMan training camp on the moon/snow/desert/?? planet of
HanekII. The FireMen, desperate to prevent any of their secret training
exercises and holy routines from becoming common knowledge, make a move to
defent themselves and attack both the police and Mick's vehicles. It also
doesn't help that the Space Police just laughed at the FireMen as it just
made them angrier. Deathskull pirates are some of those passers-by who see a
big battle and just have to join in.
This scenario is welcome to alterations :)
Seems to fulfil the general requirements for brikwars: a load of different
people come together to blow each other into lots of amusing pieces.

BTW Michael, what type of army are you currently planning? You could use an
Industrial Earth one and I have a couple of their mechs built that I could
bring along (If u want).
Well, I got a few (about 20) of those astronauts and have whipped together a
small force worth about 350 points, including a couple of recon guys with
hoverscooters and two light (and I'm talking picogram) mechs.  I'm still
working a transport to get all this to the battle.  I could do Industrial
Earth or it could be the private army of my duplo primo penguin :)

I must admit I've never actually attempted to use the brikwars rules, but
once me and my older brother tried with our own rules, back in the days when
my floor wasn't covered in all those little astronaut guy boxes :)

Michael