 Local / Australia / Queensland / Brisbane / 12
11  |  13
Subject:
Lego 2000 Football Sets
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au.qld.bri
Date:
Sat, 8 Apr 2000 12:59:39 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Hi Everyone,

Ready for some bad news, Lego tells me that their sales manager who was
recently elevated to general manager has decided not import all the
football sets into Australia. The only one that will be released will be
the ??09 set Championship Challenge. The rest, including the team bus
sets with all those nice train windows aren't coming.

I suggest you make a point of telling your local toy retailers how much
you are looking forward to getting all the football sets apart from the
??09 set so all these retailers will be ringing Lego in Sydney on 1800
683100 asking for advanced orders and let Lego explain why they will not
be available.

You could also ring Lego yourself and ask to speak to the manager who
made this stupid decision.

Ready for some more bad news, it seems that it may not be economical to
bring the full range of football sets to Australia with our small 18
million population but definitely worth the risk to offer them to guess
who...........yes, our friends across the Tasman.

It appears that supidity can infiltrate any organisation.

Mark H.