 Local / Australia / New South Wales / Sydney / 179
178  |  180
Subject:
Model Tangara train
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au.nsw.syd
Date:
Wed, 3 May 2000 23:03:41 GMT

Hey guys.

My latest project : a Lego Tangara train. Seeing them everyday made me think.
These can be done, they're so "Lego-ish".
So I drew one up on grid paper on the train home last night, and then hacked
it into MLCad. But a fee issues arose that I'd like some help with.

1) Doors, sure train doors are neat, but how can i model sliding doors? Given
that the split level train decks only had 8 studs of space on the vestibule
sides.

2) the upper level windows, Are there such windows that are 1x5x2, that is 1
stud wide, 5 studs high that cover 2 studs in depth?

to draw diagramatically:
  /
/
|               this kind of window would be the best to use for the
|               top level

3) Any ideas on how i could do the front sloping section of the trains? the
actual slope itself isn't too tricky, but if you look at a Tangara, there's a
black sloped doorway for the drivers/gaurd compartment.

The plan is to complete this in CAD first and then look at doing it with real
bricks (not that i have enough of the right coloured bricks/windows anyhow.

Thanks
Santosh