 Local / Australia / 9623
Re: Whoosh, There they go!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 16 Sep 2002 23:09:47 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Stephen Hurn writes:

In lugnet.loc.au, Richie Dulin writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Stephen Hurn writes:
Personally I am really disappointed at the new lego catalogues.  They don't
feel very organised, and don't detail the sets properly.  I believe that the
booklets from the years 1993-1998 (which are the only others that I have)
are excellent, with little boxes and descriptions of all the sets in
production that year.  This one feels more like an ad to me, and as a child
I can't imagine spending hours porring over every page, like I did to the
aforementioned '93-'98 booklets.  It's sad that even the booklets aren't as
high quality nowdays.

One thing I've learned on LUGNET is that things are always better 5 - 10
years ago! ;-)

Hey, things actually were better back then.

A *very* subjective judgement!

Except the only thing I could
afford was the lego catalogue, so I usually had to wait until Christmas or
my birthday for new sets.  I still managed to snag all but the BSB from the
original pirates line.

At least you'll get the opportunity to snag a BSB in the near future!

I guess I'm just bitter I could never get the large space police/BT2 sets.

It seems to me that the only saving grace for lego at the moment is the Star
Wars line (although I don't mind the Alpha team line either).

There's more: try a Vampire Crypt (http://guide.lugnet.com/set/1381) or a
Werewolf Ambush (http://guide.lugnet.com/set/1380). Both excellent sets, and
better value on a cents-per-part basis than Star Wars.

(Incidentally, has anyone sighted the other monster sets down under?)

Nope, I haven't seen ANY of the monster sets here yet.  But maybe that's
because I haven't looked hard enough (local kmart is useless, and the next
nearest toystore is half an hours drive away).

Ahh! I believe that 1380 and 1381 are a Target exclusive.

Cheers

Richie Dulin