 Local / Australia / 9571
9570  |  9572
Subject:
So long and thanks for the fish
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 4 Sep 2002 06:08:26 GMT

I'll be disappearing from LUGnet for 2-3 weeks while I head off to Greece and
Switzerland. I expect to be back in time for the next BUGS meet at Mel's.

BTW, I checked out the new ToyWorld at Indooroopilly Shoppingtown today. No
extra-special opening specials, just the normal ToyWorld discounts, which are
still pretty good (the Alpine Express and the large Adventurers sets are both
deeply discounted still).

I also visited Myer Indooroopilly to take advantage of their 20% off sale on
Lego, but there was nothing much to tempt me. They seem to predominantly stock
Lego for small children, lots of Duplo (oops, Explore) and the baby stuff and
the "transitional" themes like Jack Stone and Creator.  There was a large Duplo
"play house set" (#2942) for half-price. However, the full price in Toyworld
was about $30 less than Myer's claimed normal price, so while it's still
cheaper at Myer at the moment by quite a bit, the savings would not appear to
be as large as they are claiming. Despite the "no other discounts apply" on the
advert, I found I could still get a few more % off for being a Coles Myer
shareholder. So, while there was nothing to tempt me, I did stock up on some
Duplo and stuff for Christmas presents for various kids.

Speaking of small children, I also made my first Lego Baby purchase today as I
am an aunt since Thursday morning, when my nephew Lincoln Raymond-Pearce
arrived into the world down in Sydney. So I was in Sydney for the weekend to
engage in baby-bonding and parent-congratulating.

Kerry

--
Kerry Raymond