 Local / Australia / 9429
Re: Introducing myself to lugnet.loc.au
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sat, 10 Aug 2002 06:00:07 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Colby Chapman writes:
Hi, let me introduce myself to you all to this group.

Well... The basics - My name is Colby, 20 years old, live in good old
Melbourne, just in 45Ks from the city itself.

Hi Colby, welcome aboard, good to see some new people posting.
lugnet.loc.au has some fairly off-beat conversations at times,
but that's part of the charm, possibly stemming from face-to-face
meetings that the Bris-Syd-Melb axis members have had over the past
2 years. Get along to a MUGs meeting and join the fun.

I used to collect Lego when I was younger, till grade 5, went back into
Lego when I was in year 12 at the age of 18, buying sets when I have the
money and I like that particular set.

I still have all my sets, but a couple of instructions missing from
1980's - 1990's.
I discovered recently that my father was given a bag of Lego (long time
ago)from a work mate who came from South Africa, I was wondering what
were the sets if they were part of some. I found out most of them, I was
surprised to see some of them, they were mostly in 1970's sets. But alot
of pieces missing, which is a big bummer!

The infamous Lego brick diaspora. The MUGs have a couple of set
re-constructers in their ranks who might be able to help you
with parts info and availability for completing sets.

I am currently a full time student doing Deaf Studies at Tafe.
Unemployed, no children (thank god!), living at home, in a long-term
relationship, have a cat name Persia (After Prince of Persia - an old
1980's game).

Children do have their uses. Lurking in Lego aisles for extended periods
of time appears almost normal when accompanied by an ankle-biter.
But when they start talking at the register the game is up.
Checkout droid: "Who are these for, aren't you a lucky boy ?"
My son: "They're Da's"
Meanwhile I gaze off into the middle distance and pretend to recognise
complete strangers.