 Local / Australia / 9371
Re: Strange things on Australian ebay
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 12:02:31 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Lindsay Frederick Braun writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Kerry Raymond writes:
There is a seller of a Blue Tub who is also bidding on a Blue Tub. What
possible explanation is there for such behaviour?

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1753438420
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1753732426

  Perhaps s/he does not actually have the blue tub s/he is selling,
  and rather than eat crow and upset a customer, s/he is going to
  take the hit and make sure his/her customer is happy anyways?
  Or else s/he is engaged in a speculator's spiral--s/he sells
  blue tubs after buying them, and the market is on an upward
  spiral so profits are realized.  At least the buyer isn't also
  the seller of the *other* blue tub.  That would be just crazy.

I can understand market speculation on those 'our mould is worn out
and KKK won't let us have a new one' cypress trees. Their value must
growing daily but blue tubs ?

Maybe Arthur Andersen does their books ?

Once again the mysterious 'choochxxx' is involved ???

mika_moo's other purchases are 5 Agatha Cristie mystery novels and a Lego
backpack ???? Note m_m has no picture of the actual tub.

  Seems like an awful lot of work for a few bucks, though.  I guess
  this is where I'm supposed to point out that to those outside Oz,
  strange is par for the course where Australia is concerned...  :)

mika_moo is from Tasmania, perhaps one head buys on ebay and the other head
sells.

pete.w (apologies to Deidre, Frances and Ross for another tired Tassie ref)