 Local / Australia / 92
Re:OZAFL's Unite
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 25 Jan 2000 04:09:41 GMT

Name: Karen Barlow (although nobody calls me Karen ... it is Kaz)

Age: 31

Where in OZ: Melbourne

Occupation: Hospitality Manager

Married: Yes

Kids: 1

Lego fan since: 8 years old ... didn't have any Lego myself (sob, sob) but my
nieces and nephews who are really close in age to me had PLENTY

Number of pieces: Neverr sat down and counted them .... wouldn't know how to
start :-\

Number of sets: around 100

Favourite sets: Definitely the Airport (#6396) and Metro Railway Station
(#4554) Sets.

Favourite themes: Town, Trains and believe it or not Duplo ... see my web page
to find out about this one http://www.geocities.com/kgb1968

Current Lego Project: Building a Mega Airport and Airshow ... Hubby is an ATC
and nuts about Planes and it is contagious.

Lego praise: Indestructible pieces and unbeatable for imaginative designs (by
the fans more than the company at the moment though).

Lego peeve: As always the extraordianry discrepancy in cost of Lego here
compared with OS. The release of exclusive sets ... NOT available in Australia
(where is our Shop @ home ... will we see Lego Direct ???) & the current Town
sets are very ordinary ... juniorization (???) hmmmm ... don't get me started.

What you would say to KKK if you met him face to face:
Treat adult fans of Lego with a bit more respect (we are the ones with the
bucks to fork out on these sets after all !!!!) and PLEASE improve the Town
sets ... PRETTY PLEASE :-)