 Local / Australia / 8934
Re: June National Meet - S@H order/Itinerary/where to meet etc...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 29 May 2002 00:56:02 GMT

G'day

Questions for the Brisbanites/Brisbaniers/people who live in Brisbane:

I'm considering accomodation options to fit in with work commitments. If I
stayed in the city ($90/night at the Carlton Crest sounds like a good deal
to me, and I figure that would be convenient for Saturday's activities), how
easy would be be to transport my LEGO and sundry other stuff to
Indooroopilly on Sunday (I'll leave straight from there to the airport)? Is
it practical by public transport? Would someone be passing by the City? Is a
taxi the best option?

I can probably stay at the Crest on Thursday, but the Ind. Hotel is not on
our list of approved accomodation providers, so that option would require an
extra unpack/repack.

If I go for the Ind. Hotel option, any idea what the rooms are like? ie do
they have a suitable table/desk (or for that matter decent floorspace...)for
reconstructing models partly damaged in the transport phase.

And how lively/noisy is the Indooroopilly Hotel likely to be on
Friday/Saturday nights?

Cheers

Richie Dulin
LUGNET Member 1285