 Local / Australia / 8685
8684  |  8686
Subject:
lots of things on sale at Toyworld
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 03:44:24 GMT

Two of the thousand eyes of the LUGnet beast were operational this morning.
I visited Toyworld in Queen Street and the Myer Centre, Brisbane. I saw lots
of things on sale (some 50% or more off):

8008 Imperial Stormtrooper (Star Wars, Technics) $25
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/8008

7161 Gungan Sub (Star Wars) $45  <<<-- (has a special place in my heart)
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/7161

6290 Red Beard Runner re-release (Pirate) $119
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6290

6714 Speed Dragster (Racer) $10
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6714

4572 Scratch (Racers) $2.50 -- I think there were other racers at the same
price
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/4572

5920 Islander Racer (Adventurers)$4
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/5920_2

8445 Indy Storm, Formula 1 Racer (Technics) $40
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/8445

6617 Tough Truck Rally (Racer) $49
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/6617

5823 Millimy's Bedroom (Belville) $7
http://guide.lugnet.com/set/5823

There were more items on sale than these (e.g. Duplo) but that's all I
bothered to record.

For BUGs, the Queen Street store had all of the above, but there was only a
smaller selection in the Myer Centre.

I have no idea if these sales are available in other Toyworld stores.

I must admit the set that surprised me was the Gungan Sub, as I haven't seen
any in stores for ages.

Incidentally I also visited Queen Street Myer. Although this store usually
carries a good range of Lego, their selection was poorer than normal (maybe
due to the sale last week?). The shelves were mostly full of the smaller Harry
Potter sets, Jack Stone, and Bionicles. Nothing particularly worthy of
mention, and no discounts to be seen.

Kerry

--
Kerry Raymond, Lady BUG