 Local / Australia / 8667
Re: STUDFEST! the report.
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 8 Apr 2002 08:37:30 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, James Howse writes:
Sydney's most recent get-together was held yesterday in an unassuming
townhouse in Sydney's north.
Unassuming? I would have though "Well camouflaged" was closer ;-)

Seriously, many thanks for providing the venue. Also, sorry we didn't get to
use the impressively prepared brickwars battlefield.

We had someone new along (Hiya Dave) who showed us photos of his garage
(full!) of castle Lego. Graeham (apologies if I mispelt! dropped by for his
second meet, bringing some fantastic locomotives and a very nice station.
The usual crew were also there, Richard with tall ships and space ships,
Richie with tall ships and long ships (a extended version of the Snottler,
demonstrating snot-wise curving in 2dimensions rather than just one) Kevin
and Andrea with small ships, Pete with the an imposing fortress that sits on
4 river baseplates from <set:6292> named at the meet the House with no door
(a charity has been started to provide grey bricks for the construction of
one). James had a valkyrie VF-1 from Robotech and a new Jedi Starfighter
(the advantages of working for a store that sells Lego).

I like the advantage of knowing that there are 140 Enchanted Islands "out
the back".

There was showing off of models, much talking about construction techniques,
some shopping at the local comsumer-temple and more talking.

The next meeting will be organised by Pete, and will mostly be a huge, er..
HUGE, er REALLY HUGE brikwars battle. Warlord Bond-sai is already sharpening
his Katana for that one.

I'm still deciding on a persona for this.... one who can die a glorious
death like all my previous brick wars heroes...

But yes, he, or she, will be at the head of a largish army.

We also discussed the queens' b'day long weekend but for more about that
read the next post.

Cheers

Richie Dulin