 Local / Australia / 8556
Re: to the BUGS and STUDS re my contribution to the train shows
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 21 Mar 2002 13:32:17 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Jonathan Wilson writes:
I have come up with 2 things, I could send either one of them or even both.

Hello Jonathon, I am speaking on behalf of the BUGS.

Your  contibutions are most welcome and we would enjoy displaying
your creations. At the moment we are all busy building and putting together our
layout. We plan to get together again in 2 weeks at Peter Parsons place for the
a major set down of the various dioramas we are working on.

The idea of supplying a freight wagon would work and would be easy to
accomodate. The Ammerican Class 4-4-0 would also be a good addition and we
could add a motor for it to run. Alternatively you could supply the engine
only, minus tender, as I have a motorised tender for my steam engine. As long
as the back couplers were set at the standard height it would look okay.

It would be best to correspond with Peter directly about all the logistics
invloved as the layout is set up at his place. I will email him and let him
know about it (if he does not know already)

If anybody else would like to join in feel free, freight wagons will probably
be easiest, 6 wide at this stage, not 8 wide.

I do have some pictures of our layout with progress so far, they will be up on
my web site in the next week or so.

Thanks again for your offer, and keep building.
All the best
Gary
Town BUG

The first one is a large flatcar built on a black drop-down wagon base
(from a 4561). It has a white ute as the load. The ute has zebra stripes
on the door and a 2x2 tile with zebra stripes on the roof.
The ute is 4 studs wide and the wagon is 6 studs wide.

The second item is an American class 4-4-0 Steam Locomotive that I will
be able to complete as soon as I can get hold of the small train wheels
I am going to obtain off a friend of mine.
Its largly black, its 6 wide. It also comes with a tender, with there
being a motor in the tender. One thing though, I dont have any spare
motors I can send with the model (I only own one and dont want to send
it) so if the group wanted to motorize it, they would need to put a
motor in place else they would need to put a "fake" motor in place. I
can provide the "fake" motor though if thats what the group wants.

If the BUGS, the STUDS or both think that there is room for either of
these items in their layouts, please send me an email with some details
of who to mail them to plus any other details I need to know.

Micheal Dickinson might be interested in sending something along as
well, I will tell him about the show and see if he can do something.