 Local / Australia / 8454
8453  |  8455
Subject:
BUGs go bezerk at S@H
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sun, 3 Mar 2002 14:40:40 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

Well, the BUGs just made our biggest ever joint S@H order, fuelled in part by
our enthusiasm for the new #10020 Sante Fe Super Chief.

However, as you may know, Lego has put a 3-set-per-customer limit on this set,
and we wanted to order more than that between us. As we discovered, the WWW
site does not enforce the 3-set limit, so we assume it is enforced at dispatch
time. We sent Lego an email explaining that it was a joint order, listed the
individuals involved and that no individual was getting more than 3 sets from
it, so we will just have to wait-and-see how Lego react to this. Hopefully we
will not be penalised for submitting joint orders to save on shipping to
Australia (since the Lego WWW site recommends we do this). Since I assume other
joint Aussie orders may face the same situation, I will let you know how we go
with this.

For anyone who is interested  ... our most popular item this time was the
#10020 Super Chief, a clear winner over the runner-up #10016 Tanker Wagon,
which just pipped past third placegetter #10013 Open Wagon. So, trains were the
winner, both by item count and dollar value. Other new sets to feature strongly
were the #10036 Pizza Cafe and #10037 Breezeway Cafe. As you can see, we are
big fans of the 10000-series sets! However, our order involved a wide range of
products from Belville to Technics, and, as always, a goodly selection of bulk
packs were ordered (from bricks to dustbins).

BUGS (and friends of BUGS like Richie): I have sent each of you (who
participated in the joint order) an email, listing the money you owe me
(including shipping) and the info you require for your preferred payment
method. If you haven't received the email or you think the amount is wrong or
you want to pay me a different way than I thought or <any other problem>,
please let me know ASAP.

Thanks again to Ken and Frances for their hospitality and their two-computer
setup for combined on-line ordering and spreadsheeting. It made the "bistro
maths" a lot easier!

I assume our regular scribe (and new photographer) will give a fuller account
of the meeting as a whole.

Kerry

--
Kerry Raymond