 Local / Australia / 8369
Re: 10020 Santa Fe available to Oz!
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.loc.nz, lugnet.lego.direct
Date:
Wed, 20 Feb 2002 21:08:24 GMT

#s 1-5 will either be raffled off or auctioned off, I can't remember which.
6-10000 will be randomly distributed.  The one displayed at Brickswest and given
away was A8841.

Brad didn't mention how they will be split between markets, and noone thought to
ask that, sorry.

There was mention by some AFOLs that we should set up a Santa Fe Registry Site, so
you can register the engines you have.

GEEZ, I lost out by being at Brickswest - I should have called S@H while I was
down there, as I went to order online last night, and the backorders have already
moved from Feb 19 to Mar 29!

I ordered 10, I'm going to part a few out, but I'm KEEPING the # tiles ;-)

I saw one glaring problem with 10020 - I wish the top of the engine had been made
using 1x1x1.3 and 1x4x1.3 bricks with side plate, but unfortunately, they used 2x3
rounded bricks.  The bricks with sideplate would have allowed motorizing the fans
in one way or another.  They DID use 2 1x4x1.3 bricks with side plate on the
bottom of the engine, I just wish they would have used them for the roof.  The
piece count would have ended up very similar, but would have given us more mod
possibilities.

Ross Crawford wrote:

In lugnet.loc.au, Grahame Reid writes:
Ross Crawford wrote:

Anyone else in Vic want one? We could do a Santa Fe order! I just wanna try
& get one of the first 10000 (individually numbered).

I ordered my 3 early this morning so I am hoping to get the individually
numbered ones.

I was wondering how they were gonna do this. Maybe 5000 for US, 5000 for
Europe? I wonder how they'd split the numbers between them. And will #1 be
available for general sale, or held back for posterity?

ROSCO