 Local / Australia / 83
Re: Post-Christmas Sales Huh?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 11 Jan 2000 10:44:17 GMT

I can't say i've ever seen any "Toy Kingdom" in Sydney

as far as I know the only places that offer Lego on shelves in sydney
are

Kmart
Target
Big W
Grace Bros
Toys R Us
Unlce Petes Toyworld

Plus a few one-off toystores scattered here and there.

Paul Baulch wrote:

Santosh Bhat wrote in message <3876D508.F1FA18E4@student.unsw.edu.au>...
Well Anyone Else in Australia spotted any Post-Christmas Bargains?

I know I haven't!

Just the usual periodic discount of the 8480 Space Shuttle to $149 at TRU,
and 5561 Big Foot 4x4 going for about $63 (that's $79 -%20) at K-Marts
around Melbourne, but I've mentioned both of these before.

Myer Melbourne will probably soon do a similar clearance to what they did a
couple months ago with Western sets (which I missed - d'oh!!!), they've got
a pallet of discounted Divers sets (mostly 6441) which they're probably
going to clear out in the same fashion, so keep your eyes peeled fellow
Melbournites. Well, _I_ like the Divers sets anyway.... :-)

BTW, was 6560 Diving Expedition Explorer available in Australia or not? I've
seen no direct evidence to say it wasn't but then I've seen lots of the
other Divers sets in stores but never ever the 6560, which strikes me as
weird.

Hmm. Another question - does Toy Kingdom have stores in states other than
Victoria? I've been impressed by the older Town sets I've found that pop up
suddenly in their stores (at decent prices) - recently I found 1989 and 1991
Town sets (Derby Trotter, Pier Police) there, the lady said they have been
shuffling older stock around.... I guess the moral of the story is keep
hunting, it can work for you too!

Cheers,
Paul