 Local / Australia / 8044
Re: Brisbane Big W building competition
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sat, 5 Jan 2002 04:41:15 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Michael Dallaston writes:
Hi all

Anyone else seen this?  According to a laminated piece of paper stuck on a
shelf, Big Ws around Brisbane are having some sort of Building Competition,
from 2nd to 5th of Jan.  I hadn't noticed this before, I think the notice
was hiding behind a pile of fire stations :)

There was a huge table covered with Lego out the front of the toy section
with a few kids gathered round, but I think I missed the "heats", which are
at 12.30, 2.30 and 4.30 each day IIRC.

Anyway I couldn't resist, and seeing all the 2x10 grey bricks I built an
aircraft carrier (but it was a *small* aircraft carrier, and with
pink bits:) )

Pink bits are OK as long as they weren't naughty bits.
Ooh, hello sailor! ;)

SO... did you win your heat anyway???
No, I didn't enter one.  I was three times higher than the average, I
thought I might stand out :)  The whole thing seems to have been a kiddies'
affair (damn them, damn them all! :) )

Did you see any of the Brisbane regulars there? (Mel, Kerry, Harro, etc..)
Too far north for them, I think (strathpine) even if they had head about it
(which it seems that they haven't).

Michael