 Local / Australia / 7475
Re: Women's Soccer Team
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 18 Oct 2001 00:04:33 GMT

The set has a nice selection of faces and hair (blonde female hair - • I'll be
finally able to build minifig ABBA).

My only gripe with this set is that most of the faces are the standard
androgynous minifig face (two dots for eyes and a curve for a smile).
I'd been hoping that all the faces would have been more distinctly
female in appearance, as I am always keen to increase my female minifig
collection.

Here's a question for you Lego trivia experts. Which Lego sets feature
more than 1 female minifig (apart from the women's soccer team)? I don't
think there can be very many.

For those of you coming along on Sunday, if anyone wants to sell/trade
female minifigs (or female minifig parts: hair, faces, torsos, skirts),
bring them along. I have quite a lot of castle, pirate, imperial, space,
and town minifigs if you want to swap.

At some later point in my life, I will sit down and try to rationalise
why a card-carrying feminist like myself wants minifigs with lipstick
lips and mascara-ed eyelashes :-) I am, however, still resisting
Belville; I'm definitely not ready for Ma Vie En Rose. Some people
choose to avoid the Dark Side; I prefer to avoid the Pink Side!

Kerry