 Local / Australia / 7375
7374  |  7376
Subject:
S'Fest X
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 10 Oct 2001 07:06:59 GMT

Hi,

I'm just back from a short holiday (which included building my new Armada
Flagship), so here is - more or less - what I planned to post on Sunday, but
what the combination of LUGNET and MailAndNews didn't let me post..

A clear, cold & windy day for the tenth Sydney Lego gathering.

James Howse & I visited KMart on the way, hoping for a $49.50 Armada
Flagship, but were disappointed to find not so much as an empty space on the
shelves for them :( (...but read on, there's some good news below...)

Richard Parsons was already at the hall. As I unloaded an awfully large
proportion of my LEGO collection from the car, a session of show and tell -
which was destined to last all afternoon - began.

Richard had his dinosaurs/castle crossovers, which looked even better in the
ABS than the JPG, along with a large building, the assembled NSW Corps, and
just a hint of what is to come with his next big ship...

James had his ever growing Bionicles collection, a Police force, a
mindstorms robot, the treeman and probably a few other things which I don't
recall at the moment...

I had some large buildings, the rebuilt, refitted and rearmed Olbrook, my
experiment in SNOT building (the river gunboat HMLS Snottler), the
Patricians palace and a few other bits and pieces.

PeteW arrived with Anthony Zevaglia and two new Armada flagships which James
and I quickly grabbed while Richard had his back turned (Thanks Pete!).

Next up were Kev & Andrea Hall with a very stylish (and large) dragon, the
Kev's Castle City now having grown far too large to transport.

James unveiled plans to approach LEGO Australia for sponsorship for a LEGO
layout to be fielded at the Australian Model Railway Association's
exhibition at Liverpool next year (a year away), and/or at an exhibition at
Epping over Easter. Sounds like a plan!

We were joined by Grahame Abbott newcomer to the Sydney group, who brought
us all LEGO stickers. (Thanks Grahame!)

The next meeting is planned for the first weekend in December  or
thereabouts, venue TBA (but likely to be on the central coast so we can
visit Kev's city.)

I've just visited KMart Hornsby again today, to find several LEGO boxes...
Harry Potter (Sorting Hat, Final Challenge & the Keys one), and 3 whole
boxes, less one ship, of Armada Flagships! LMK if you'd like me to grab one
for you...

Incidentally, if anyone has flagships, and doesn't what the armada helmets,
I'd be happy to take them off your hands - let me know and I'll see what
swap I can come up with...

Cheers

Richie Dulin