 Local / Australia / 7183
Re: NEXT SYDNEY MEET????
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 3 Oct 2001 00:47:37 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Richie Dulin writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Kevin Hall writes:
Just checking with everyone if it's fine for me to put a community
announcement on the local radio station about the meeting... see if we get
some more people? If no one has a problem with it, I'll organise it....

Hi Kev,

I'd rather not advertise it...

I'd be worried about turning it into an exhibition (like a model train
exhibition) rather than a meeting. If it's an exhibition, you have to be
geared to entertaining the public (especially kids), and maintaining security.

If we got 10 families turning up (say 20+ kids), I think that would change
the character of the meeting. (But then, I have no idea of what the response
to a radio ad would be like.)

And then there's the possibility of parents 'dropping kids off' at the meeting.

Sorry to be negative about this, but I really think turning this into a
public meeting/exhibition at this stage would not be a good idea.

Cheers

Richie

Thats fine Richie..... I didnt think of it like that.....
Kev...:  )