 Local / Australia / 7145
Re: pirate ship 6291 available
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sat, 29 Sep 2001 23:30:56 GMT

While looking for the  ogel command centre with no luck , I stumbled • across
the Pirate ship 6291 in kmart for $99.

I must confess I find the choice of Pirate re-releases in 2001 somewhat
curious. The 6291 Armada flag ship (or its original 6280) doesn't exactly
score rave reviews on Lugnet. Nor does the re-released 6290 (originally
6289) Red Beard's Runner.

The general consensus seems to be that neither of these ships were among
Lego's best. That honour appears to be reserved for the larger ships such as
6286 Skull Eye Schooner and the 6285 Black Seas Barracuda. I would have
thought that you would re-release your best sets as "classics". Perhaps it
was a marketing decision to re-release only smaller sets because of the
perceived price point?

Kerry