 Local / Australia / 7034
7033  |  7035
Subject:
What's wrong with this picture?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Sun, 9 Sep 2001 06:22:19 GMT
Highlighted:
(details)

So, after some months of anxiously waiting and speculation you finally get
your hands on the latest August-January 2001 LEGO catalog.  And lo and
behold there's a heap of stuff that you have been after and according to the
catalog it's still hot on the available list.. but wait.. according to
various sources "in the know" the stuff you are after - and it's IN the
catalogue - is not available in Australia any more and probably never will
be. It's gone - and yet LEGO are still advertising it heavily in their
newest, latest catalog. What's wrong with that picture?

I fully understand the reasoning behind having one catalog to cover several
regions (economy of scale and all that!).. but WHY.. WHY even bother to
release a new exciting catalog that can not deliver on what it promises...
especially so close to Christmas.

And so we wait and hope that maybe one day despite the gossip and rumour
that SHOP@HOME will become a reality in Australia - because that's the only
way we won't be disadvantaged any longer.

Yes, there's BrickBay, and eBay, and others that thankfully keep the hope
alive by often allowing people like us who miss out to have a go.

C'Mon LEGO - get your act together and satisfy the wants of the people and
not just yourselves. ok?

Thanks for listening.

Ed.