 Local / Australia / 7017
Re: Something for next MUGS meeting
Newsgroups:
lugnet.org.au, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 5 Sep 2001 01:12:37 GMT

In lugnet.org.au, Benjamin Whytcross writes:
In lugnet.org.au, Martin Scragg writes:
I know we don't have a date set for the next meeting, but I was thinking
that maybe Ross and myself (and anyone else for that matter), might like to
do a Mindstorms challenge.  If someone comes up with a good idea for a
device/robot etc. then we can try to build Mindstorms creations to meet the
challenge.

Martin (Just thinking out aloud)

G'day,

Nope...no date set as yet [how about either the 23rd or the 30th Sue-Ann and
David?]

As to a good robot/device...something to counter those confounded flying
SLUGS when next we battle them :)

[Actually, a good one would be to design something to work with a train
lay-out that will sense a train approaching a crossing/whatever, and
activate boom gates then raise them when the train has passed. [Another Idea
would be something that will not allow a train within a certain distance of
another train [uses same idea, but would require altering track sections so
that each section was powered seperately.]If this sounds OK, let me know and
I'll try and make a better list of requirements [1 or 2 mindstorms bricks,
etc.]]

How about something fairly simple to start with, like the fastest
line-navigator or something? Just to see how it goes?

ROSCO