 Local / Australia / 7011
Re: Turaga to make a comeback to stores - Warning! Bionicle content
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 4 Sep 2001 04:10:11 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Martin Scragg writes:
A friend who missed out on the Turaga sets at Woolworths/Safeway, just rang
Lego to complain about missing out.  They told him to ring Woolworths to
complain as it was out of their hands.

Well I guess LEGO only manufacture and distribute them :^o

So he rang Woolworths to complain, and his was not the only complaint they
had by the sounds of things, as they have negotiated a deal to have them on
a more permanent basis, starting in about 4 weeks time (Ssshhh don't tell
anyone).

By the time people noticed, they would have had a choice of the tan or 2 grey
and for something in this price range, the set would be affordable, so people
would have been left with half a set.
TRU are handing out posters with TOA and TURAGA featured equally, I wonder
what they will think of this exclusive (if it is) Woolies deal. Surely people
are asking them about when they are coming in.

Seems they were unsure as to how well they would go, thinking that they
would have enough to last about a week in the stores, the average they
lasted however was about 2 days, with some people walking out with a box
full of them.

What outrageous behaviour ;^) Who would do such things.
Bit like the "chrome knights fiasco" Part 2.

Maybe Woolies should have got exclusive masks with Big red W's on the forehead.

pete.w (who hangs around the frozen goods section more often these days)