 Local / Australia / 7005
Re: Where'd you get your units? Re: New Brickshelf gallery
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 3 Sep 2001 12:44:59 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, James Howse writes:
In lugnet.general, Larry Pieniazek writes:
In lugnet.general, Jason King writes:

Train stuff :-

Nice. You nailed that unit. Do you know the provenance? It kind of looks
like a GM or GE rather than a British unit.

After a bit of ferreting around if found this snippet of info.
The 82 class was built by Clyde Engineering at Braemar (South Australia). It
has a GM 3000HP engine.

Mmmm.  Now James knows a hell of a lot more about trains than I ever will,
but there's a Braemar just down the road from my place here in the Southern
Highlands (of New South Wales), and Clyde Engineering have a fairly
substantial works there on a railway spur that serves no other purpose these
days, and I seem to recall that Eli Donati, who lives a little further south
at Moss Vale was engrossed in building a huge (6 foot long) 82 class.  Now I
may be joining the dots in the wrong order here, but....

Lord knows there are more Braemars on this little planet that one might
ordinarily shake a stick at.

Richard
Still baldly going...