 Local / Australia / 6967
Re: Hmmm which set would you buy?
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 22:42:35 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Melody Brown writes:
My deapest appologies if this really offends anyone but...  Which would you
buy?  I was clicking through various pages of Brickbay when I noticed this
(not mentioning any stores/names mind you).

'1593 Super Model MISB, BOX!! Still SEALED in cellophane! Very small dent on
top edge of box, otherwise absolutely PERFECT box. Never opened. EXTREMELY
RARE!!! Each: $2,500.00'  <--- imagine how many Lego sets you could buy with
almost $5,000 Australian :P

This is probably related to the large ebay price one of these got earlier
this year. I believe the National Gallery gallery are looking to purchase
one for their 'collection' ;^)

OR...

'1593 Super Model Building Instructions. Only instruction. Very good
condition, see picture on: (edited) Each: $350.00'  <--- you can have the
1593 or the re-released Metroliner, including postage!

I mean... is THIS set really worth that much? (my guess is only if someone
will actually pay that amount).

Maybe they will sell framed prints as well.

pete.w