 Local / Australia / 6571
Re: I need a slizer...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Fri, 13 Jul 2001 00:43:54 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Zac Soden writes:
After comparing the two, I dicovered that Bionicle have all of these new
custom parts for arms which, although have the ball-and-socket joints, will
not allow for the addition of plates to hide the mechanisms. A slizer would
be better as it contains the original ball-and-sockets and also can be found
at a very low price nowadays.

Actually both slizer and bionicle limbs have a pair of technic peg holes in
them.

A good bet may be pohatu, which has two slizer arms, and two bionicle arms.
Plus a pair of balls for joints. He'll be easier to find since the
Target-age-group(R) doens't seem to like him as much.

The big question is where to find a slizer. I will start hunting around
tomorrow but was wondering if anyone knew some stores that might have them.

If you're not fussy I can do (almost) unlimited quantities of Judge slizer
for AU$9. Two limbs per pack plus a whole slew of other useful parts.
Moreover, you might want to follow RichardP down the Dark-Path(TM) and
modify the arms so you get a ball (for the socket) and rod, that plugs into
standard technic.

James (who finds holidays aren't quite as relaxed as he thought)