 Local / Australia / 6088
Re: Next Studfest (!)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 21 Jun 2001 01:12:20 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Kevin Hall writes:
In lugnet.loc.au, Richard Parsons writes:
Do we have a location for the next Studfest (Sydney) in August?
I imagine that we're targetting, loosely as ever, the first Sunday in the
even numbered month (Sunday 5 August).
Who's turn to host?  Any takers?  Or do we start over?

I'm hopefully going to finish my castle by then.... hopefully.... so I wont
be able to take it very far.. so hopefully around Sydney area would be great....

No worries. I'm more than happy to host and/or organise an even more
salubrious venue than the college (somewhere more fitted to the majestic
dimensions of Castle Kevin). Aug5 is just into the first week of next
semester but since I'll have had 5 weeks vacation, it shouldn't be a hassle
to scope out a place.

I'm busy fitting out a long range shuttle to carry Ahab's especially cross
piratical space dudes on their medieval 'rescue' mission to the planet
Pukapunyal (to claim the bounty on what if anything is left of Quirk) and I
want to make sure I'm there when the stars align....

And Can we have a Medieval brickwars this time...:  )
We can use my city... if ya dont destroy it....!!!

The plan is, indeed, medieval brickwars.

The loose plot is, Quirk was "killed" by stonefish poisoning during the
Melbourne jaunt and was launched into space over Pukapunyal on the return
trip. For plot reasons he was buried in a stasis casket that could survive
re-entry, so he ended up on the planet which had an approximatly iron age
teklevel. Since we've found out that stonefish poison only makes one "mostly
dead" and not "all dead" a rescue mission must be mounted. Of course, for
plot reasons again, it is decided to go 'undercover' to find Quirk and to
use the local teknology level (dispite that fact that camcorders and faze
rifles would be much more efficient, I guess the producers wanted a
'dress-up' episode).

Nice of you to volunteer scenery but I refuse to give a 'non-destructable'
tag to it, sorry. Part of the fun of playing with LEGO(bricks) over, say,
gorgeously painted lead minatures on finely scuplted terrain, is the licence
to make it go bang and liberally scatter the component peices everywhere. Of
course moving target are much more fun so your building may be OK (most of
the time).

James (who has just looked up the word salubrious and found it approriate)

P.S. Perhaps we'll play by James Brown's simple LEGOWars rules rather than
the Brikwars rules. See
http://www.lugnet.com/fun/gaming/~11/legowars
for details (or lack thereof)