 Local / Australia / 5633
Re: I SPY
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 14 May 2001 01:58:14 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Jonathan Wilson writes:
Eli Donati wrote: [snip]
48 3x4x4 lt/clr blue upside down large slanted window eg in
sets 4532 and 4552 [snip]
good luck finding them for cheap.
I payed I think it was about $1-$2 for ONE of the upside down windscreens the
other day and you are after 48 (?!?!?!?!)

Eli,

Does your application allow the possibility of using standard windscreens
upside down? My Speculative Endeavour features an 'upside down' bridge
windscreen of 16 x 4 x 4, which a few people commented on at the last S'fest.

I used 1x1 headlight bricks to invert the studs, and a couple of plates on
top to anchor it firmly. Using a combination of 4x2x2 windscreens and 6x2x2
(from the soccer buses, which also yield the 1x1 bricks to fill in the gaps
at the edges) makes the whole thing pretty strong.

It does depend on your application, though, but could be potentially *much*
cheaper for you.

Cheers

Richie Dulin