 Local / Australia / 546
  Re: Pax Americana (was Re: Where did you lot spring from?)

(...) Australian (...) references (...) be (...) I (...) Disneyfication (...) idea (...) entirely (...) Ummmmm, I was indicating that while the rest of the world screams about Americanization and Cultural Imperialism (Don't Buy Our Stuff if that's a (...) (24 years ago, 3-May-00, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Pax Americana

(...) The dominant economic power of the time will be subject to 'osmosis',the flow is always both ways. People of surrounding/less economically strong countries will always attempt to migrate to the stronger culture, while the goods flow out. The (...) (24 years ago, 4-May-00, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.off-topic.debate)

  Re: Pax Americana

(...) What they said. I wasn't saying that Bruce wasn't saying what I said. (Did that make sense? Probably not, but it's bedtime for me.) This is one of the debates around imperialism of any kind--the host culture is affected, and in ways specific (...) (24 years ago, 4-May-00, to lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.off-topic.debate)