 Local / Australia / 5420
Re: STUDfest8: The next one...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 17 Apr 2001 02:55:47 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, James Howse writes:
Notch up another one for the STUDS crew, we returned to the lovely hall at
StJosephs (thanks again Kev!) and we used quite a bit of the available space.
There were several reasons for this. First Kevin revealed his hidden agenda
for hosting near his home, his two car load castle/city built from his
impressive collection. Although it wasn't yet finished most of the main
structures were in place and it was still breath taking. PeteW brought some
extra bits, a harbour/lighthouse and cottage, demonstrating his surperb
landscaping skills.

The castle is truly amazing.

We went shopping, <snip> Making the shopping really fun was travelling
around with half a dozen others.

I likened the experience to spending a day travelling between vineyards wine
tasting. PeteW commented that it produced the same light headed feeling.

Seeing PeteW scooping up all those 4229's was amazing.

In all we had a good turnout with Mel's visit from the Northern Reaches and
Richie and Anthony making it to their first fest. Richie brought along a
fantastically detailed ship, Pool table, bunks, pink seats, colour-coded
pipes and an open-air toilet being just some of the highlights, we look
forward to it's reincarnation as Richie searches further for a nice looking
lego hull...

The bigger, the less tesellation in the hull (now *tessellation*'s a cool
name for the next ship!), and with my new purchases.... You'll be please to
know I now have six doors, so the toilet will score a door - as will the
cabins. And I have to find space for the Captain's stateroom.

All in all an excellent day (it didin't even rain). Hopefully next time
Kev'll have his castle finished and we can get drool all over it again.

Cheers

Richie Dulin