 Local / Australia / 5339
5338  |  5340
Subject:
TRAIN SHOW INFO
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Mon, 9 Apr 2001 00:37:05 GMT

Here's some info on running of a show and how it should be set up, mainly
it's about table hight and  genreal house keeping  for a show  and so here
the are

1 contact with a member  running the show  tell who we  are and what we want
(yes please can I get a space in the show,depend if your lucky)no it should
be easy to get a space even if it means removing that spear 1m2 the good old
train boys have had the last 50 years and never used.

2 A plan is made to which everyone feel comfortable about meeting the die
line to enter in the show and have enough elements without taking a third
mortgage on the house.  and to everyone gets a copy of the plans of the
layout and veune for the moving of large modules.

3 a single person sadly has to be made something like that of a site manager
mainly because of the time frame I believe that we are looking at ,most club
it takes years to do the yanks maybe show ready in 48 hrs but to make a long
lasting dint in the Oz train sence every thing should be perfect ,the
reasons for this is over  looked things that happen with the  modules and to
contact all others involved  if a problem affects them eg tracks not meeting
and so on .And also a record of who's,what,and how mant should be taken ,A
NOTE ON SCALE LEGO trains are some where inbetween gauge 1/0 or a scale of
40:1 roughly.

4  the table height at most shows are above the height of the little guys
(yes I know LEGO is a child's toy but so are train sets) but most kids get
on Dad's sholuders to have a look  so really it removes the need for glass
etc and burning a hole in one's pocket
ideally the height is 110cm or higher and all the shows you go to most clubs
have around the tables fabric hidding the legs and bits and pieces most
layouts have at lest 2 people at the
layout 1 controlling the track another talking to people
   We can cheat on scenery esp backdrop by reduceing the depth or compressing
buildings .
  Make things look interesting it's like art have a good amount of busy and
quiet  but not to much of the one and with lots of detail. people have been
talking about
2 tracks on the layout Ibelieve we could do 3 or 4 one on RCX the other 2/3
by human when the layout is full with people while in down time 1/2,Also the
idea of air/remote points should be looked at in hard to get places or a non
LEGO  idea  of motor points under the base board but this means putting a
hole in the bottom
of points with a drill or soildering iron.

5 A sign saying who we are what the layouts about and how to get incontact
eg by the www.blah blah. Crests not seen alot on trains today  but most
clubs have one
as well as shirts with the crest and so on to know whos a member or not ,yes
it does happen.

Cheers Eli