 Local / Australia / 5309
    Re: check this out! (the things ya do at work eh? :P) —David Drew
   As far as I was aware, you cannot patent a design, you can only patent a process. The designs have a copyright, instead. So the brick's design is copyrighted, the method of making the brick is patented. What do other people know about patents? (...) (23 years ago, 6-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.au)

        Re: check this out! (the things ya do at work eh? :P) —Richie Dulin
     (...) The term used is "method of manufacture" which is not necessarily a 'process' and can (and does) include products, processes, and methods. Lego *does* hold patents in his bricks. A search of Lugnet will yield some details. For instance: US (...) (23 years ago, 6-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.au)

        Re: check this out! (the things ya do at work eh? :P) —Jonathan Wilson
    (...) I believe that what lego brick designs are covered under is a "design patent" (23 years ago, 6-Apr-01, to lugnet.loc.au)