 Local / Australia / 522
RE: Putting on a good show...
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 3 May 2000 05:56:26 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter White [mailto:aztekium@optusnet.com.au]
Sent: Wednesday, May 03, 2000 3:44 PM
To: lugnet.loc.au@lugnet.com
Subject: Re: Putting on a good show...

In lugnet.loc.au, Benjamin Whytcross writes:
I don't know if anyone else has done this, but I've found • that you can make
a good tractor and slasher [which can be lifted for travel, • so it isnt still
'cutting'] out of 6470 [mini digger]. This uses all the parts, and I
actually prefer this to the original model.

If anyone is interested, I'll post a description of how to • make the changes.
[A pity TLG don't bring out a farm theme...some of the • models in the world
club magazine looked good...and the minifigs need to get food from
somewhere]

Yep, please do.
With the farm theme, maybe Lego see Duplo as filling that requirement.
But why not Town, you have every form of shop and utility, so
why not a
minifig farm ? (if you can make polar bears,why not cows/horses)

pete.w

Basic description:
1 connect arms for bucket as for normal model
2 place wheels on chassis
3 place 2x4 plate along the front half of chassis
4 place 4x4 plateon back of chassis

oooo
oooooooo
oooooooo
oooo

5 place 1x2 tile with handle on front of 2x4 plate, with vertical side
towards model
6 place 2x4 brick behind tile with handle [lengthwise]
7 place 2x2 tile on front 4 studs of brick
8 place steering wheel on back 2 studs of brick

oooo
ooo86775
ooo86775
oooo
[numbers are for part added in that step]

9 connect 1x2 bricks holding arms onto 4x4

o99o
ooo86775
ooo86775
o99o

10 with plate holding arms together and studs down, connect digger bucket
with 1 row of holes [width to connect a 1x4 plate] between flat end of
'bucket' and plate [basically how the instructions say to connect it for
main model, but upside down] make sure sloped side is facing away from
tractor, so grass can escape.

place driver in tractor

[When you lift the slasher, the front of it [flat side facing tractor]
should just balance on back edge of 4x4 plate.]

I don't know if this made sense, but I don't have a digital camera, so this
is the best I can do...I'll see if I can LDRAW the instructions tonight.

Personal opinion of whether it's any good, but I reckon it is anyway.

Benjamin Whytcross
BWhytcro@PacificAccess.com.au
Ph: (03) 9856 5282
Directory Technology Pty Ltd
1/436 Elgar Road,
Box Hill, 3128

Growing older is compulsary..Growing up isn't :-)