 Local / Australia / 5098
5097  |  5099
Subject:
Other shareholder discounts (was Re: More on Coles Myer discount card)
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 03:39:19 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Ross Crawford writes:
Hi all

Just some more info - my friend who has such a card just received his new
one (they get replaced every 6 months). It contains (in part) the following:

"On 12 October 2000 the Company announced a review of  the shareholder
discount program to ensure its long term sustainability, and to safeguard
the program for existing shareholders. During the review new shareholdings
are not eligible for shareholder discount benefits.

The review is progressing well and we are confident that later this year we
will be able to relaunch the shareholder discount program in a form that
will be sustainable in the long term and in the best interests of all
shareholders."

This doesn't really say much, but my guess is they're gonna be
re-introduced, with reduced discounts. No indication of exactly when, or how
many shares you'll need etc.

Just thought you might be interested.

ROSCO

Another option for some people: David Jones and Harris Scarfe also have
shareholder discount schemes.  For info on the David Jones scheme:

http://www.davidjones.com.au/shareholder/overview.jsp

Harris Scarfe also offer a similar scheme.  (no available online info)
The discounts even apply during sales!!

I am led to believe, also, that Harris Scarfe give you a gift voucher for
attending the AGM.

Many other companies also offer shareholder discounts.

Just throwing in some more options

John