 Local / Australia / 5071
Re: good storage idea for lego
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 02:41:21 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Paul Baulch writes:

I use these Fischer storage boxes too. I wouldn't go too crazy using them -
they give off slight plastic fumes, and when you have too many of them in
your room they start to fill the room with an irritating odour. Probably not
healthy.
I had about fifty of them in my bedroom and the fumes were beginning to
cause breathing irritation. Needless to say I removed most of them and
stored my (fairly large) collection in more "friendly" cardboard containers.

Are these the (usually) blue bins?  I use these, they're not my idea of the
perfect Lego storage container, but after much trial and error with other
things these are the best that I've found.  These come in various sizes, 5,
10, 25, 60, 63 and 120 (don't ask me what the units are, no idea) and can be
stacked or mounted on wall racks.  Sizes 25 and 60 and the drawer unit (63)
are the most useful for Lego.

My one gripe (well two) is that the price adds up and my local stores never
seem to stock that many and are really slow to restock.  I still need heaps
more of the size 25 containers, I'm now in the habit of buying all of them
whenever I see them!  The drawer units (size 63 being size 60, with 3
drawers) have removable dividers and are really good for fiddly pieces, they
stack with the size 60 bins.

Can't say I've ever noticed an odour but maybe we're talking about different
Fischer containers :)

Deidre
drb@tasmail.com