 Local / Australia / 486
Re: Fabuland Auction Update 4
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.admin.terms, lugnet.admin.general
Date:
Tue, 2 May 2000 20:13:06 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au, Mark Harrison writes:
As promised here is the latest status of my lastest auction, Fabuland.
The only thing that I should mention here is that all bids are in US
dollars.
[...auction update/spam snipped...]

Mark,
When you signed up, one of the things you agreed to is that you would not
post auction announcements/updates/flogs/spam in groups which do not
explicitly welcome auctions in their charters.  As you are well aware, only
lugnet.market.auction currently welcomes auctions here.  Discussion groups
are for discussions and not for auction spam.

I'm sorry that you disagree with the principle of market/non-market separation
and that you feel that such separation is for "compartmentalized dorks" but it
is important that you realize that just because you disagree with something
doesn't make it morally right for you to breach an agreement you have made.

Since your continued use of the groups is contingent upon your keeping your
word (i.e., abiding by LUGNET's Terms of Use Agreement), and since you've
made it conspicuous not only that you do not choose to respect the agreement
you've made but that you choose to actively disrespect it, you leave neither
room for sympathy nor options at this point besides turning off your posting
privileges (to non-market and non-admin groups).

--Todd

[followups to .admin.terms]

Related history:
17 Dec 98 - http://www.lugnet.com/trains/?n=284