 Local / Australia / 4341
4340  |  4342
Subject:
Org.au and Loc.au
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au, lugnet.org.au
Date:
Wed, 7 Feb 2001 06:11:51 GMT

Hello to everyone. I've been severly not-posting for a while. A new job, and
the different lifestyle it creates have been plaguing me down a bit. But
good to see this place still active, and yes I do lurk a lot still.

Postive signs ahead for us in Aus are:

* Lego Direct seems to be only at the tip of its iceberg, just think when we
finally get it, we might have instant access to the whole she-bang! prepare
your credit cards now!

* That semi-national event, well done to everyone, it seemd like it was a
success and is paving the way for a possible "national" semi-event. Or
something like that.

*Aussie dollar is expected to rise again, I quickly heard someplace say it
might go back to 66, don't ask me how soon though.

*New members! Yes they are all over Lugnet, but not posting here! So c'mon
out of that Lego closet, trust me its not as bad as it may seem out here.

Finally, Remember a long time ago when we asked Todd to make a seperate
gourp for the Australian Organisations? Well lets keep our postings in mind
of why that was created.

Any event or organisational information goes into org.au, or rather,
information that is important for the various groups purposes (ie. MUGS,
BUGs, SLUGS, and maybe NZLUGS when we invade them) and for trading between
group members with a specific Australian only policy.

Any other information that is relevant to set availability, opinions,
(basically - the rest of the stuff) goes into loc.au It's the only way we
can hope to be keeping up with them Italians.

On a personal note: TRAINS...its looking good ey!

Cheers
Santosh