 Local / Australia / 4316
Re: Toyworld Special
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au.sa.ade, lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Tue, 6 Feb 2001 02:05:01 GMT

In lugnet.loc.au.sa.ade, Heather Wallace writes:
Hi All,

I just thought I'd let everyone know that I got a good deal at Toyworld
today.  I got the Space Port Set (6456) for $79.99(AU) - 50% off.  Lugnet
reports that the US RRP is $80(US), and the cheapest available online is
$63(US) - so the price was very good.

I got this from Toyworld at Mt Barker, near Adelaide - but it's possible
that other stores around the country have good discounts too.  While I was
there, they were unpacking new stock - some new Star Wars, and the Life on
Mars, so they are probably trying to clear old stock.

Hope this helps someone.

Heather.

(Yes, there is another Adelaide based AFOL)

Welcome Heather,

That's a pretty good bargain!! It is amazing what you can find if you keep
your eyes peeled.

Myer Marion also had the new Life on Mars sets out on display - also seen at
Myer, an Adventurers double pack with 5920 and 5934 (for about the price of
5934)

And has anyone heard from Jane McDermott lately? - her last post was about 2
months ago.

This makes 4 from Adelaide, time for a meeting! (but not in the next
fortnight as will be on holiday).

John

ps is this a subtle delurking?