 Local / Australia / 4045
4044  |  4046
Subject:
ABC Cuts
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 4 Jan 2001 01:10:44 GMT

Sorry about the non-legoness of this post, but I want to get this to as many
people as possible, it's rather important

Joe

Subject: ABC

We are all shocked, appalled and furious at the announcement of the axing,
without consultation, of the Science Unit from the ABC budget; the sacking
of the Media Watch commentator and the crippling of the ABC's Classic FM
and Triple J through absolutely draconian and devastating budget cuts.

This is only part of the future direction of the new "user pays" "Market
economy" driven ABC. We fear that the social history unit and others are
soon to feel the executioner's blade.

We want OUR ABC to continue the excellent role of providing television and
radio which challenges our diverse and intelligent nation.

If you agree with this please COPY THE TEXT OF THIS MESSAGE TO A NEW E-MAIL
(don't forward it as you will get indentation marks) then add your name to
the end of the list and send it on to all your ABC listening and viewing
associates.
If you are the 20th person also send a copy to: ABC:
webmaster@your.abc.net.au <mailto:webmaster@your.abc.net.au> and CC it to
Mr John Howard: webmstr@fed.gov.au <mailto:webmstr@fed.gov.au>

1. Carl Vine info@carlvine.au.nu
2. Julian Burnside jb@julianburnside.com