 Local / Australia / 3637
Reminder: Brisbane gathering Sunday Nov 26 from 10am onwards
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Thu, 23 Nov 2000 13:36:22 GMT

Reminder: Brisbane gathering Sunday Nov 26 from 10am onwards. If anyone is
planning to come and has not got my address, please e-mail me (because I
don't post my address on public lists).

Gary Quinlan writes:

26th is getting close. What should I bring to the get together? I not
sure what is expected.

Well, as it's only our second gathering, we don't really have a long
tradition to follow ... so here are some suggestions (all optional):

* stuff for "show-n-tell" - favourite sets, MOCs, old catalogues, books,
photos, movies ... anything of a Lego-related nature that you have that
someone else might find interesting

* stuff for buy/sell/trade - sets, parts, cash :-)

* a minifig that represents you (this is Mel's idea) so we can take group
minifigs photos

* digital camera to record the event for WWW posterity

* anything else you can think of ...

As far as food and drink are concerned, please free to bring something if
you wish, but since I invariably over-cater for any event, there will
probably be no need.

For those coming by car outbound on Moggill Road, please note that you
cannot do a right-hand turn into either Moordale or Quinlan Streets (which
are the obvious choices you might think), so do a right-hand turn from the
slip lane after Quinlan Street into the inbound service road (i.e. almost a
U-turn) and then left into Quinlan Street. Alternatively turn right earlier
at the lights at Burbong Street (a bit less direct to my house, but easier
to explain).

See you Sunday!

Kerry