 Local / Australia / 3633
Re: Hi everyone from me too....
Newsgroups:
lugnet.loc.au
Date:
Wed, 22 Nov 2000 13:19:21 GMT

Yeah definately will, Problem is no TRU up here, nearest one is Brisbane,
Good sets are very hard to get locally no one stocks the bigger sets...
Paul Baulch <paul@vic.bigpond.net.au> wrote in message

Jason King wrote in message ...
I'm in Rockhampton QLD.

I've got a lot of space stuff from when i was younger.
But now i Like Technics and Mindstorms.
Although that collectors X-wing is very tempting..

Jason King
LugNet #665

Hi Jason, welcome to LUGNET!

The UCS X-wing wasn't a set that I was planning to buy, but when I was
buying one for someone else during the 25% off sale at TRU, I found that a
second one had jumped into my shopping trolley while I wasn't looking ;-)
I'm very pleased with the set. It's very, very cool - visually it looks • just
like the X-wing to me and it's _huge_. I have it on my desk at work (not
much room left!) and all my non-Lego workmates come up and have a look and
comment on how authentic it looks.
If I have one minor gripe it's that the mechanism by which each wing • pivots
depends on a single Technic axle, and this makes the wings rather floppy • and
puts a lot of torsional strain on the axles (which I suspect are twisted
permanently by now). Then again, that's probably a fun challenge for any
Technic builder to redesign the mechanism themselves to make the wings
stiffer.

So if you find it at 25% or even 20% off, I say buy it!

Cheers,
Paul
LUGNET member 164
http://www.geocities.com/doctorshnub/